Font I.D.

Post by V- » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 02:13:12

Not that I want to do anything with it...but...

What's the font used for the movie title in the _Dazed and Confused_ packaging
(posters, print ads, video box, etc...)?   I've seen it since, in a Holiday
Inn ad, of all places.

Just curious.
V-X lives in Portland, OR which is full of sunny happy places, the sunniest of
which is Teleport, the organization that provides him with Internet access.  V-X
has nothing to do with Teleport, outside of a check he sends four times a year.
You'll probably blame them anyway, though.  Don't do it, man, just don't do it.

Font I.D.

Post by CMacGreg » Fri, 05 Aug 1994 09:22:01

>Not that I want to do anything with it...but...

>What's the font used for the movie title in the _Dazed and Confused_
packaging
>(posters, print ads, video box, etc...)?   I've seen it since, in a
Holiday
>Inn ad, of all places.

That would be Template Gothic from Emigre (800) 944-9021

CHris

Font I.D.

Post by Derek Lindn » Fri, 05 Aug 1994 05:02:55

> Not that I want to do anything with it...but...
> What's the font used for the movie title in the _Dazed and Confused_ ?
> Just curious.

It's Template Gothic.
It was designed, if I'm not mistaken, by a student of Geoff Keedy's at
CalArts (or maybe at Cranbrook; I forget). It's sold through Emigre.

(A Holiday Inn ad?! Ugh! That's almost as bad as the Discover card ads
I've been seeing around campus which use one of David Carson's fonts.)

Derek Lindner

1. Help with Font I.D.

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the font used in the
logo seen here:

www.healthwaresolutions.com/Images/HWWebLogo.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Corman

http://web2news.com/?comp.fonts

2. NT Passwords

3. Font I.D.