**FS: Loaded PM server (All the Fonts u will ever need)**

**FS: Loaded PM server (All the Fonts u will ever need)**

Post by MustRebo » Mon, 20 Nov 1995 04:00:00

*****FS: Loaded Powermac Server (This is the one)*****

A client updraged to Sun and no longer need their Mac network of stuff.
A once in a lifetime opportunity
Most are sold out all I have is one 8100 left
so first come first served.

THE SYSTEM ( what's included)
Power Mac 8100/80
40 MB RAM
4GIG Hardrive (there is only 8 MB free when I say loaded, I mean loaded)
4x CD -ROM
Syquest EZ Drive & 10 DISKS
17" Trinitron Color Monitor
Extended Keyboard & mouse

That's just the beginning

WHAT'S ON IT
This was a file server at a major publishing company
IT IS FILLED with software (Everything for graphics you could imagine is
installed on this baby) Photoshop, Pagemaker, Painter, Strata Studio Pro,
Filemaker Pro server, Foxpro, and much much more. About 2.4 GIGs of
software apps installed. You name it is on there. I can't go through the
list and tell you the version numbers. At best, I could tell they are the
latest versions as of August 1995. They spared no expense with this
machine. No docs just what's installed (It's all you will ever need) If
this wasn't enough Then there are the Fonts.
FONT"S Font's FONT's .....pratically everything out there
1.6 GIGABYTES of FONTS. The entire ADOBE family (that's 15K alone), AGFA,
The Foundry, Bitstream, Image Club, and much much more. the Font's alone
are about $45,000. Printer font's, Screen fonts,  entire families.

THE PRICE
Sold only as a package only.
Price is $7000 each.
Everything plus Shipping & Insurance included
(The Font's alone are worth three times this price)
Shipped COD, Certified funds, via Federal Express
 Anywhere in the US (I can't do overseas)

This is an incredible deal and I only have a few.
If your starting a DTP or GRAPHIC business or just looking to step into
*.
If your looking for a server then this is the mother of all servers. If
you getting your first system or upgrading.
If publishing, graphics or font's are your life then
THIS is the system for you, you will never need anything again for years.

Except you will need a lot of time to see what all these apps do.
First come first served

**FS: Loaded PM server (All the Fonts u will ever need)**

Post by Rodger Whitloc » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

[blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda]
Quote:>Price is $7000 each.

[snip!]

Oh, this again. Didn't someone already point out that the hardware is
only worth about $3000 and the software licenses are not transferable?

Sorry, Mac, this is the newsgroup
comp.fonts.we.are.not.too.easily.snowed.except.by.trolls
so maybe you should just very q-u-i-e-t-l-y tiptoe away?

--
Rodger Whitlock

**FS: Loaded PM server (All the Fonts u will ever need)**

umm.....do original disks that software?

Post by Clive Bruton/Typona » Fri, 24 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Does anyone know the current state of the law on whether
>licenses are really non-transferble just because a software
>company says they are?

I have successfully transfered licences for XPress, Illustrator and some
Adobe fonts, what it seems dependent on is having proof of ownership,
original disks/mauals etc.

When someone is selling a machine like this it is unlikely that they have
any of these. The sales line says something like it came out of a big
company and this was the server, they have upgraded etc.

Reading between the lines this says to me that the fonts and apps are there
for back-up, and are still being used on other Macs within that same
company. Besides that such a company would probably have a site licence for
all its software, it's no longer on the site, so it has no licence