Times New Roman comes up SYMBOL in IE5

Post by stevensoh » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I am getting a font substitution (apparently only in IE5.0 and on a Liquid Motion Header) in which Times New Roman is coming up as Symbol (the Greek alphabet). If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this, I would sure appreciate your email.

The problem arose as I was removing unused fonts. I did not remove or alter Times New Roman, or Symbol, but they seem to be interacting, and only in this IE5/LM environment. I have seen it only on my home page, where the banner is Greek, but only to me (yah, I know, It's Greek to me ...), while others get it as it is supposed to be.

Thanks in advance to any helpful souls out there.

--

STEVEN SOHN
39 Wellington Court, Brooklyn, NY 11230-2423

1. Times-Roman vs New Times Roman

One difference between some versions of Times Roman
and some versions of Times New Roman (not New Times
Roman) that I have noticed is that the f in the
Monotype-based versions will, naturally, have a
slightly greater overhang. But surely it is time
for someone to make a careful analysis of all of
the important digital versions of TNR and TR
available? Not forgetting the TNR in "SuperFont"
format which shipped at some point with some
versions of Monotype's type manipulation utility.
Bill.

2. wanted - A2000 motherboard rev 4.2 or better

3. Times Ten Roman vs. Times Roman

4. Western Digital 8003

5. CG Times & Times New Roman

6. MSXML won't give head?

7. Times New Roman vs. Courier New

8. Times, Helvetica, Arial, Dutch, Swiss, Univers, CG Times, Times New

9. HELP: Arial and Times New Roman Missing

10. Times New Roman not to be used on Internet or Fax?

11. Strange entry in font: Times New Roman PS MT - Bold Italic

12. Times New Roman Baltic