cannot receive external mail with FROM other domain

cannot receive external mail with FROM other domain

Post by Luther Mille » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 04:00:00

We are trying to get exchange up and running correctly.
We can send and receive mail internally just fine.
Also, if I send mail from an external SMTP server (e.g., earthlink) and set
the FROM address to match an address from our domain, then it gets through.
However, external mail with a FROM address different than our domain does
not get through.

Any ideas what we need to do to fix this?

cannot receive external mail with FROM other domain

Post by Juan » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:38:18

Run DNS on your Server.

> We are trying to get exchange up and running correctly.
> We can send and receive mail internally just fine.
> Also, if I send mail from an external SMTP server (e.g., earthlink) and set
> the FROM address to match an address from our domain, then it gets through.
> However, external mail with a FROM address different than our domain does
> not get through.

> Any ideas what we need to do to fix this?

1. One user cannot send/receive internal mail - External mail is OK

Components:

Small office (3 users) Exchange 2000, on Windows 2000 Server.  Outlook
XP, and one very pissed off administrator.

This just started happening, no changes were made to outlook or server
settings.

We're using outlook 2002, full Exchange client setup.  I've tried
setting up this user on multiple desktops and get the same results.
He can send and recieve mail from the internet, oddly enough, but
internal messages never make it to or from his account, and nobody
recieves andy Non-deliverable messages.

I've even tried deleting, purging, and then recreating his entire
mailbox!  There are NO errors in the event log!

There are no rules set up in outlook for mail.

The server is running NAV, but not NAV for exchange, so it's not
really looking at E-mail.  I disabled it anyway to see if that had any
effect, but no luck.

I have never, EVER, seen a problem like this before.  At least not one
that wasn't solved by re-creating everything.

Any input AT ALL for help would be very, very appreciated.  Things
were going quite well for this client for quite a while.

-Dave

2. Blocking incoming emails for internal email users

3. Help: Cannot Receive External Internet Mail After Switching from CC:mail to Exchange

4. Store or Storage Groups?

5. Cannot Send / Receive External & Receive Internal Email

6. mail encoding

7. Cannot receive external mail in Exchange2000

8. OWA and Windows CE Devices

9. my exchange 2000 server cannot receive external mail from the internet

10. Internal mail working but cannot receive external

11. Cannot Receive External Mail

12. Cannot Receive External, Internet E-Mail

13. Cannot receive external mail due to internal transport problem