Error Message ???

Post by Marcelo Rahal Coutinh » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:27:55

Any clue ?

The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services"
cannot be assigned the action "install" because:

- Active Directory has not replicated all the necessary permissions for the
deleted items container. Please wait until replication completes before
running setup.

Scenario:

machine 1: Windows 2000 Server (Member Server) and Exchange 2000

STEP1: machine 2: Windows 2000 Server (Active Directory plus Global
Catalog) - ONLY DC !!!

STEP2: machine 3: Windows 2000 Server transformed into Active Directory plus
Global Catalog (from machine2)

STEP3: Replication manager from machine2 to machine3 plus Operation Master
procedure to make machine3 (PDC).

STEP4: machine2: De-installation of Active Directory plus Global Catalog
(via dcpromo).

Any clue ?

Thanks in advance

Marcelo Rahal Coutinho

Supervisor rea Tcnica

Advanced Technology Solutions do Brasil

55 (11) 3253.4343/ 55 (11) 9621.4026/ ICQ 26204351

Error Message ???

Post by Max Vaysburd [MS » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 02:03:06

Marcelo,

Did you run ForestPrep and DomainPrep in your environment prior to getting
this error?  Most likely the user which is getting this error does not have
permissions to the Deleted Items container.  This situation may occur if
you/someone ran Forestprep from a different account.

Do  you have any objects in your configuration container in AD under
Configuration\Services\Microsoft Exchange?

Sincerely,
--
Max Vaysburd
Exchange Setup Developer

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> Any clue ?

> The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services"
> cannot be assigned the action "install" because:

> - Active Directory has not replicated all the necessary permissions for
the
> deleted items container. Please wait until replication completes before
> running setup.

> Scenario:

> machine 1: Windows 2000 Server (Member Server) and Exchange 2000

> STEP1: machine 2: Windows 2000 Server (Active Directory plus Global
> Catalog) - ONLY DC !!!

> STEP2: machine 3: Windows 2000 Server transformed into Active Directory
plus
> Global Catalog (from machine2)

> STEP3: Replication manager from machine2 to machine3 plus Operation Master
> procedure to make machine3 (PDC).

> STEP4: machine2: De-installation of Active Directory plus Global Catalog
> (via dcpromo).

> Any clue ?

> Thanks in advance

> Marcelo Rahal Coutinho

> Supervisor rea Tcnica

> Advanced Technology Solutions do Brasil

> 55 (11) 3253.4343/ 55 (11) 9621.4026/ ICQ 26204351

Error Message ???

Post by Marcelo Rahal Coutinh » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:39:27

Quote:> Marcelo,

> Did you run ForestPrep and DomainPrep in your environment prior to getting
> this error?

Yes, I did

Quote:> Most likely the user which is getting this error does not have
> permissions to the Deleted Items container.  This situation may occur if
> you/someone ran Forestprep from a different account.

Could be ... instalation was done with administrator account and this
procedure was done with my account (actually, a copy of administrator
account). I will double check this procedure with admnin account.

Quote:

> Do  you have any objects in your configuration container in AD under
> Configuration\Services\Microsoft Exchange?

30 objects ... what are you looking for ?

Quote:

> Sincerely,
> --
> Max Vaysburd
> Exchange Setup Developer

Thanks in advance

> ****** Disclaimer ******
rights.

> Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
> purposes only.

> > Any clue ?

> > The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services"
> > cannot be assigned the action "install" because:

> > - Active Directory has not replicated all the necessary permissions for
> the
> > deleted items container. Please wait until replication completes before
> > running setup.

> > Scenario:

> > machine 1: Windows 2000 Server (Member Server) and Exchange 2000

> > STEP1: machine 2: Windows 2000 Server (Active Directory plus Global
> > Catalog) - ONLY DC !!!

> > STEP2: machine 3: Windows 2000 Server transformed into Active Directory
> plus
> > Global Catalog (from machine2)

> > STEP3: Replication manager from machine2 to machine3 plus Operation
Master
> > procedure to make machine3 (PDC).

> > STEP4: machine2: De-installation of Active Directory plus Global Catalog
> > (via dcpromo).

> > Any clue ?

> > Thanks in advance

> > Marcelo Rahal Coutinho

> > Supervisor rea Tcnica

> > Advanced Technology Solutions do Brasil

> > 55 (11) 3253.4343/ 55 (11) 9621.4026/ ICQ 26204351

Error Message ???

Post by Max Vaysburd [MS » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:38:51

Marcelo,

I'm 95% sure that your problem will be fixed if you run Setup as the account
which originally ran Forestprep.  Alternatel, you could install Exchange
System Manager first, use the "Delegate Control" wizard to delegate your
account as Exchange Full Administrator.  Then you will be able to install a
server as yourself.

Sincerely,
--
Max Vaysburd
Exchange Setup Developer

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

> > Marcelo,

> > Did you run ForestPrep and DomainPrep in your environment prior to
getting
> > this error?

> Yes, I did

> > Most likely the user which is getting this error does not have
> > permissions to the Deleted Items container.  This situation may occur if
> > you/someone ran Forestprep from a different account.

> Could be ... instalation was done with administrator account and this
> procedure was done with my account (actually, a copy of administrator
> account). I will double check this procedure with admnin account.

> > Do  you have any objects in your configuration container in AD under
> > Configuration\Services\Microsoft Exchange?

> 30 objects ... what are you looking for ?

> > Sincerely,
> > --
> > Max Vaysburd
> > Exchange Setup Developer

> Thanks in advance

> > ****** Disclaimer ******
> rights.

> > Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for
newsgroup
> > purposes only.

> > > Any clue ?

> > > The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
Services"
> > > cannot be assigned the action "install" because:

> > > - Active Directory has not replicated all the necessary permissions
for
> > the
> > > deleted items container. Please wait until replication completes
before
> > > running setup.

> > > Scenario:

> > > machine 1: Windows 2000 Server (Member Server) and Exchange 2000

> > > STEP1: machine 2: Windows 2000 Server (Active Directory plus Global
> > > Catalog) - ONLY DC !!!

> > > STEP2: machine 3: Windows 2000 Server transformed into Active
Directory
> > plus
> > > Global Catalog (from machine2)

> > > STEP3: Replication manager from machine2 to machine3 plus Operation
> Master
> > > procedure to make machine3 (PDC).

> > > STEP4: machine2: De-installation of Active Directory plus Global
Catalog
> > > (via dcpromo).

> > > Any clue ?

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > Marcelo Rahal Coutinho

> > > Supervisor rea Tcnica

> > > Advanced Technology Solutions do Brasil

> > > 55 (11) 3253.4343/ 55 (11) 9621.4026/ ICQ 26204351

1. PerfLib Error message in the error log?

This is one of two exchange servers. Both are running 5.5
service pack 3 on Win2000. This server was the first one
created and now all the mail boxes and folders live on a
better server. I keep this one running because a  paper
off of MS Support site said you should try and keep the
first exchange server on the network if possible. So this
server is performing a valuable function. Anysuggestions
on where to start for this error message?

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1008
Date:           11/5/2003
Time:           2:07:25 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       ServerName
The Open Procedure for service "MSExchangeIMC" in
DLL "C:\EXCHSRVR\bin\imsperf.dll" failed.  Performance
data for this service will not be available. Status code
returned is data DWORD 0.
Data:
0000: 02 00 00 00

2. Please help me! Question about 2 exchange 2000 servers

3. Unable to update free/busy schedule Error (outlook 2000 error message)

4. Exchange Archieve Agent

5. Error 1016 Success Audit Error message

6. Exchange 5.0 News

7. error 550 (outgoing): no multi-recipient error messages - access denied

8. invalid page fault

9. Error messages when no errors occur

10. Delivery error message: Your message did not reach the intended recipient

11. I keep getting this error message when I exit Windows Messaging (new version of exchange)

12. Error message in microsoft messaging (exchange)

13. Sending an attachment with Message brings error message