setting mail services on a LAN with win98

setting mail services on a LAN with win98

Post by Christophe Bersihan » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

I try to understand how to install a simple mail service with win98.
How should I proceed to create the post office and allow people to exchange
mail on a workgroup ?
Do I have to install microsoft exchange server ?

Thanks

Christophe

setting mail services on a LAN with win98

Post by Louis Davidso » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello Christophe,
    The answer is yes, or some other mail server like MSmail.
MSmail is still being used by many, however as Microsoft Exchange Server is
understood by more Administrators, it should replace MSmail as the preferred
mail system.

Louis.

Quote:>Hi!

>I try to understand how to install a simple mail service with win98.
>How should I proceed to create the post office and allow people to exchange
>mail on a workgroup ?
>Do I have to install microsoft exchange server ?

>Thanks

>Christophe

setting mail services on a LAN with win98

Post by Christophe Bersihan » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Microsoft Exchange Server must be install on a windows NT machine ?

Quote:> Hello Christophe,
>     The answer is yes, or some other mail server like MSmail.
> MSmail is still being used by many, however as Microsoft Exchange Server
is
> understood by more Administrators, it should replace MSmail as the
preferred
> mail system.

> Louis.

setting mail services on a LAN with win98

Yes.  Exchange only runs on NT.