we recently installed MS exchange server 5.0. all went OK. However, when
installing client(s). the client hang during the startup process. here
are list of what I have done so far:
1. First I installed exchange client I had the problem. I then
installed outlook 98 where I also had the same problem. I cannot go
beyond the first welcome/logo screen.
2. I removed exchange server from the profile and left only the internet
mail and the client (outlook 98) no longer hang. Both application works
fine without connection to the exchange server. In fact, I was able to
send and recieve email to my local personal folder.
3. I could see an entry with the proper time for a login on the exchange
server for that user.
4. the user has a directory on the private information store on the
5. I removed and recreated the profile many times and the problem still
6. when I enter the user name durint profile creation and click check
name to validate the name of that user name I get no error.
I installed serice pack 1 for exchange server and still no resolution.
I could not find any documentation and help file anywhere to
troubleshoot this problem. can someone help please