pop3 connector and mail routing problems

pop3 connector and mail routing problems

Post by Dere » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 04:03:32

I've got a small problem with my exchange 2000 server and
I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot it. First let me
explain my setup and then my problem.

Exchange server setup:

connector (popcon) to download e-mail and route to
exchange server address via SMTP

SMTP: smarthost to external smtp server - checked off
attempt local delivery first

to address is correct.

According to the pop3 connector it routes the e-mail just
fine to the exchange server user. What happens on the
client side is that 100% of all mail that comes from

Infact it doesn't go anywhere from what I can tell. The
pop3 connector routes it and when the exchange server
receives it the client shows that I have new mail but
there is nothing in the inbox.

Any ideas on how to start troubleshooting this? I don't
think it's the pop3 connector since exchange "thinks" it's
receiving mail just fine and I do receive some e-mail but
not all. The pop3 connector shows it's processing the e-
mail just fine but why would only half show up and
exchange claims to "see" the new e-mail but it's not there?

Derek

1. POP3 Connector mail routing failure

Hi,
I have Exchange 2000 (from SBS2000 pack) on Win2K Server.
I use the POP3 Connector to dial up to mailboxes held at my ISP.
Exchange downloads mail correctly but does not route to the
appropriate Exchange users set up in the POP3 Connector properties
form.

I get a (rather unhelpful) message:

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

      Sent:     25/10/2001 18:55

      Terry Smith on 25/10/2001 18:55
            The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but
did not report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.
If it still fails, contact your system administrator.
            <mailserver.parkerdesign.com #5.0.0>"

The title of the message is "Undeliverable: delivery Status
Notification (Failure) - Report - Unicode (UTF-7)"

When I resend the message manually from Outlook, it gets sent
successfully on our network.

Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

2. corrupted files in Exchsrvr\SCHEMA folder

3. Missing E-Mail and problems with POP3 connector

4. Mac Exchange Client Inbox problem

5. Pop3 connector and routing

6. Services accout Permissions?

7. Problem delivery mail using pop3 connector

8. OWA I can't access exchange from the web

9. Related Problem with SMTP and POP3 Connector Problem

10. Route selection with Routing Group Connector

11. Routing Groups and Routing Connectors

12. imsext.dll problem with routing from POP3/SMTP users

13. Multi-sites, multi smtp connector and routing problem (continuation)