Exchange Server v5 installation errors

Post by Herb » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

When installing Exchange Server v5 with Active Server Pages selected I get
the following error messages:

E1:   Failed while attempting to remove the Active Server Components.

E2:   The server did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.
        Microsoft NT
        ID No.: 0xc002041d

Running NT 4 server w/sp3, DNS, Proxy 2, IIS3 , ASP 3.

Any suggestions on how to install ES v5 with ASP?

--

Exchange Server v5 installation errors

Post by Alejandro Lengu » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have used to have similar problems too.
It seems that Exchange 5.5 Outlook web access need
a very special configuration.

For example, I have configured the following
NT4 +sp3 +IIS3 + asp support
and then Microsoft Exchange 5.5 + Outlook web access.

Everything fine.

Then try to upgrade to IIS4 (from NT Option Pack)
and nothing else works!!!

Why?