Exch 2k priv and pub

Post by Dave » Fri, 16 May 2003 04:52:34

I have a clietn that we backed up his pri and pub files I
reformatted and reinstalled echange 2k, what are the steps
to putting the backed up priv and pub files back in and
getting them to work ?
Thanks in advance
Dave

Exch 2k priv and pub

Post by Allan L » Fri, 16 May 2003 22:39:29

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2Krecover...

Cheers
Allan L.

Quote:> I have a clietn that we backed up his pri and pub files I
> reformatted and reinstalled echange 2k, what are the steps
> to putting the backed up priv and pub files back in and
> getting them to work ?
> Thanks in advance
> Dave

1. Need Help importing priv.edb and pub.edb to Exch 5.5

Is there any way to import exchange 4.0 sp2 priv.edb and pub.edb databases
into exch 5.5? While running isinteg -fix, I received a message that the
header was corrupt and it could not continue and to restore the database
from a backup. When I restored I got the same message. Because of the
corruption two of the services stopped and could not be restarted. After
trying for a while, I renamed the exchsrvr directories and reinstalled exchg
4.0 and upgraded it to 5.5. I ran the new iseinteg ?? ( the 5.5 version of
is isinteg) and is seemed to have gone OK. Is there any way to retreive the
old mail messages, schedules, and contacts from the old database and put
them in the new one?

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Bryan Supak
IS Manager
Winnov

2. A question with no answer...

3. Error -2147467259 in OWA Related to Pub Folders after Exch 2K SP2

4. Autoreply to meeting resource request.

5. How can I obtain the mailbox GUID programaticaly ?

6. Crashed then reloaded ES 4.0. How to get old mail

7. Migrate Exch 2K -> Exch 2K Cluter

8. migrating Exch 2K mailboxes to a different Exch 2K

9. Upgrade from NT 4.0, Exch 5.0 to Win 2K and Exch 2K

10. Outlook 2k Freezes after Startup w/Exch 2k