IMS install ERROR

Post by Nelson » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

RE: Exchange Server 5.0, (service pack 1)
    running on NT 4.0, (service pack 3)

I attempt to install the Interet Mail Service...
I press Finish
the system shows that it's installing the service...
the system shows "starting the service"...
the it gives these error messages:
        "the attribute does not exist"
        "Microsoft Exchange Directory"
        "ID no: DS_E_NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE_OR_VALUE"
I am then forced to cancel the entire operation and Interet Mail Service
is uninstalled.
Can anyone HELP!!!!!

-NelsonM

1. error installing ims (exchange 5.5)

trying to install ims and I get this error

processing File c:\exchsrvs\bin\smtp.ins at or near line 18

no mapping between account names and security ID's was done

0xc0029534

this is a on exchange 5.5 server on windows 2000 AD

can anyone help me ... all internal mail works, just cant send out.

Thanks
Brian

2. Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000

3. DNS error when installing IMS on Clustered Exchange

4. Move Server Wizard

5. (IMS) error when trying to install on a Win2K server

6. Netscape to Exchange

7. IMS install Wizard error

8. Saving *.msg Files

9. (IMS) error when trying to install on a Win2K server

10. IMS won't install-get NT error message

11. Error Installing IMS - Something to do with ccmproxy.dll

12. (IMS) error when trying to install on a Win2K server

13. User32 error when installing IMS