exchange 2000 SP2 setup failed with error

exchange 2000 SP2 setup failed with error

Post by vinn » Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:48:53

I'm having a problem re-installing exchange sp2. We had a
problem with our anti-virus software(Trend Micro.) They
told us to uninstall scan mail then re-install scan mail.
That worked. They also said after scan mail was installed
that we had to re apply exchange sp2. While installing
sp2 I received the following error: setup failed while
installing doctor watson.net with error code 0xc0070005.
Has anybody else seen this and is there a fix

exchange 2000 SP2 setup failed with error

Post by Max Vaysburd [MS » Sat, 13 Jul 2002 01:09:08

Vinny,

Could you please open up your "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file and
search for "0xC0070005" in the log?  Please post back with all the lines of
the log that contain that error.

You're getting an "Access denied" to something while installing the
Dr.Watson components, the excerpts from the log will pinpoint specifically
what it was trying to do.

Max Vaysburd
Exchange Setup Developer

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> I'm having a problem re-installing exchange sp2. We had a
> problem with our anti-virus software(Trend Micro.) They
> told us to uninstall scan mail then re-install scan mail.
> That worked. They also said after scan mail was installed
> that we had to re apply exchange sp2. While installing
> sp2 I received the following error: setup failed while
> installing doctor watson.net with error code 0xc0070005.
> Has anybody else seen this and is there a fix

1. E2K SP2 setup error - SMTPSVC failed to stop

I just installed E2K SP2 and got an error during the post-installation phase
saying that the SMTPSVC failed to stop. The setup then exited and requested
that I reboot my server.

How do I recover? (or do I need to, or did the SP2 setup actually
complete...except for the service restarts)? Why would the error say it was
stopping the SMTPSVC?

Thanks,

David

2. Lotus Notes/Domino to Exchange 5.0

3. Exchange SP2 : Setup fails at line 137 in server.ins

4. How do I receive mail from a second domain?

5. new istall of exchange 2000 fails after SP2

6. Moving mailboxes to a new disk

7. dependency service fails with 5.5 sp2 setup

8. Building 2 Exchange servers ...

9. setup of exchange 2000 failed

10. setup of exchange 2000 server failed

11. Exchange 2000 Server Setup Fails

12. Setup Exchange 2000 fails

13. Remove Exchange 2000 when setup fails