Exchange 2000 Enterprise vs Standard Edition

Exchange 2000 Enterprise vs Standard Edition

Post by Tom Northe » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:43:14

History:

Currently we're on a Novell Netware 6 / GroupWise 6.0
email system.  We are going to be migrating our email to
a Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 Organization.  We have
purchase 3 servers.  Two of the servers are going to be
clustered and will run Windows 2000 Advanced Server /
Exchange 2000 Enterprise.  The third server will be used
for Web Outlook, GroupWise Connector, and a Bridgehead to
other Governmental Exchange Organizations.

Question:

Do we need to purchase Exchange 2000 Standard or
Enterprise for the third server to perform the functions
listed above?

Exchange 2000 Enterprise vs Standard Edition

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:49:04

Enterprise, as it sounds like the server will be acting as a Front-End
server and this is only possible with Enterprise.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> History: