moving to new serverf

Post by Mike Carpente » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have a new server and our office mail server is exchange 5 running on our
old server. Would it work if I installed microsoft exchange on the new
server then just copied the contents of exchange from the old server to
where exchange is installed on the new server to move the saved messages and
calanders to the new server??
Or are there just some key files I could move???

thanks

moving to new serverf

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a new server and our office mail server is exchange 5 running on
our
> old server. Would it work if I installed microsoft exchange on the new
> server then just copied the contents of exchange from the old server to
> where exchange is installed on the new server to move the saved messages
and
> calanders to the new server??
> Or are there just some key files I could move???

    Read the Disaster Recovery whitepaper at
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/55/whpprs/BackupRestore.htm.  It'll answer
most, if not all, of your questions.

1. Slow Performance after moving to a new site and moving to a new server

We have some users who are experiencing a delay with Outlook. It can be very
slow and appears to hang when checking names in the global address book.
We have tried applying service pack 6 to the individual machines as well as
upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000.
Original configuration was 1 server (A) for all our users. 5.5 w/sp3.
We set up a new primary site (A1) and moved all the mailboxes to the new
site. We then rebuilt the first primary server (A) and made it a secondary
server (A2) in the new site we created. We have apx. 160 total users. We
moved apx. 75 of the users mailboxes to the 2nd server and then relocated in
a different building. Connection is VPN via DSL.
Both servers are running NT 4.0 with SP6 and Exchange version 5.5 with SP3.
We have some users who are also experiencing this problem who didn't have
their mailbox moved to the 2nd server.

Thanks.

Lisa Lewis
Network Adminitrator

2. EXLIST on Exchange

3. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

4. E2K Admin Question

5. Moving clients to new Exchanger server in new site

6. NEED URGENT HELP WITH SETUP !!

7. Move mailboxs to new server in new forest?

8. SMTP timeout????

9. moving public folders to new server in new domain

10. Moving clients to a new Exchange server in a new site

11. Moving Exchange server to new site + new domain [HELP]

12. moving mailboxes to new server in a new site

13. After Server move to new Site - Server shows in old and new site