Install Component Paths for New Setup

Post by AP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:10:02

What component in the component selection area of the setup wizard
establishes the location of the accounts mailbox data?

I would like to place my Exchange data in a separate partition (i.e. not the
system folder).

Thanks

Install Component Paths for New Setup

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:44:20

Let setup do what it wants. You will be able to change the paths after you
run setup (and I'd apply all relevant SPs first).
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q257184

> What component in the component selection area of the setup wizard
> establishes the location of the accounts mailbox data?

> I would like to place my Exchange data in a separate partition (i.e.
> not the system folder).

> Thanks

Install Component Paths for New Setup

Post by AP » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:45:55

Good suggestion.

Thanks for your reply

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> Let setup do what it wants. You will be able to change the paths after you
> run setup (and I'd apply all relevant SPs first).
> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q257184

> > What component in the component selection area of the setup wizard
> > establishes the location of the accounts mailbox data?

> > I would like to place my Exchange data in a separate partition (i.e.
> > not the system folder).

> > Thanks

Install Component Paths for New Setup

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 05:07:54

No worries :-)

> Good suggestion.

> Thanks for your reply

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

>> Let setup do what it wants. You will be able to change the paths
>> after you run setup (and I'd apply all relevant SPs first).
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q257184

>>> What component in the component selection area of the setup wizard
>>> establishes the location of the accounts mailbox data?

>>> I would like to place my Exchange data in a separate partition (i.e.
>>> not the system folder).

>>> Thanks

>>> A