Check After Installation

Post by Johannes Iwa » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:48:43

Anyone can help to verifying the success of the
installation of Microsoft Exchange 2000. Because after I
install I check drive M as share drive is ok, all
services related with exchange is running well.
In AD user and computer, I check user and I try exchange
task to create mailbox running smoothly.
But after that I try to connect from outlook Xp (client)
is fail.
I try to search recipient in exchamge I cannot found it.
Thanks

Check After Installation

Post by Kevin Mille » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:17:19

the recipients all live in AD users and computers now. Right click your
account | exchange tasks | and create a mail box.

--
Kevinm WLKMMAS

Please reply in the newsgroup.
Exchange FAQ:  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Exchange 2000 FAQ:  http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

Quote:> Anyone can help to verifying the success of the
> installation of Microsoft Exchange 2000. Because after I
> install I check drive M as share drive is ok, all
> services related with exchange is running well.
> In AD user and computer, I check user and I try exchange
> task to create mailbox running smoothly.
> But after that I try to connect from outlook Xp (client)
> is fail.
> I try to search recipient in exchamge I cannot found it.
> Thanks

Check After Installation

Post by Johannes Iwa » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:41:54

Dear Mr. Kevin Miller,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already do it your suggestion, but still
cannot connect from Outlook Xp from client.

My steps to connect from outlook Xp is like these:
From desktop I choose Outlook icon and I right click and I choose
"properties",
then choose "E-mail Accounts...", then "Add a new e-mail account",
then I choose "Microsoft Exchange Server".
I put server name on "Microsoft Exchange Server" field and I put user name
on "User Name" field.
The message error is "Cannot found user in address list

I hope you have some suggestion for me again.
Thanks a lot

Regards,
Johannes Iwan

> the recipients all live in AD users and computers now. Right click your
> account | exchange tasks | and create a mail box.

> --
> Kevinm WLKMMAS

> Please reply in the newsgroup.
> Exchange FAQ:  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Exchange 2000 FAQ:  http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm

> > Anyone can help to verifying the success of the
> > installation of Microsoft Exchange 2000. Because after I
> > install I check drive M as share drive is ok, all
> > services related with exchange is running well.
> > In AD user and computer, I check user and I try exchange
> > task to create mailbox running smoothly.
> > But after that I try to connect from outlook Xp (client)
> > is fail.
> > I try to search recipient in exchamge I cannot found it.
> > Thanks

Check After Installation

Post by Johannes Iwa » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:43:23

Dear Mr. Kevin Miller,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already do it your suggestion, but still
cannot connect from Outlook Xp from client.

My steps to connect from outlook Xp is like these:
From desktop I choose Outlook icon and I right click and I choose
"properties",
then choose "E-mail Accounts...", then "Add a new e-mail account",
then I choose "Microsoft Exchange Server".
I put server name on "Microsoft Exchange Server" field and I put user name
on "User Name" field.
The message error is "Cannot found this user in address list