Error Installing Exchange 2000 Trial on Windows XP Pro

Error Installing Exchange 2000 Trial on Windows XP Pro

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:41:00

It ain't gonna happen.

You cannot install Exchange on Windows XP, Exchange 2000 needs to be
installed on Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server or Data Center, and it
must also be in a Windows 2000 Domain.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

> I downloaded the trial version of Exchange 2000.  I run
> Windows XP Pro.  Of course, Microsoft support finds every
> way possible that you CAN NOT contact them.

> When I tried the setup, I got the following error... (see
> attached file).

> Can anyone help me to install or find a way to raise this
> issue to GOD -- i.e. Microsoft?

> Thanx,

> Jim Bannon

1. Problem installing Exchange 2000 manager on windows XP Pro

I tried installing Exchange 2000 management tools on a
windows XP machine and it says it can't install because
the windows 2000 Aministrator tools are not installed.
There is an FAQ (Q312139) in the knowledge base about
this stating
that the exchange cd is expecting a windows 2000 Pro
computer to install the Exchange management tools to and
doesn't recognize the new administrator tools on XP.  Has
anyone found a way around this?  Using terminal services
is a dumb workaround.  I need to get the server
extensions installed to run another NT administration
utilities program so i can manage computers and AD
remotely.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. .stm file and .edb file are mismatched. what next?

3. Exchange 2000 System Managment tools install for Windows XP Pro

4. Exchange SP1 and Current NAV for Exchange DONT MIX!!!

5. Solution For : Exchange 2000 System Managment tools install for Windows XP Pro

6. 4.0 to 5.0 upgrade

7. Installing Microsoft exchange on Windows XP Pro

8. Duplicate E-mail's

9. Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro, and Exchange 5.5

10. Survey: Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro

11. Using Windows XP PRO and Exchange 2000

12. Exchange 2000 with Windows XP Pro

13. Windows XP - Outlook XP logon error to Exchange 2000 SP2