ping server ok - post to public folder ok but No Internal Mail

ping server ok - post to public folder ok but No Internal Mail

Post by news.dial.pipex.co » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am sure there are some specific places to look to crack this one, yet I
cannot see the "wood for the trees".

Essentially I have a PDC (NTSVR2) and BDC (NTSVR3) Exchange server is on
the BDC. I have created user accounts and the Outlook 98 client connects to
the server and resolves the name.

I can view free and busy times in outlook, but I cannot send e-mail
internally.

I am able to ping the servers using the netbios names and obviously by the
direct IP addresses.

This is not a complicated network, we already have an internet mail server
in the form of VPOP3 which functions very well from a Win95 PC using a
dialup account. Exchange is to be used for the "groupware" capabilities.

any advise on where to start would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

John Lilley

ping server ok - post to public folder ok but No Internal Mail

Post by news.dial.pipex.co » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

I have found the patch required, to patch the evaluation version to send
email.

Quote:> Hi,

> I am sure there are some specific places to look to crack this one, yet I
> cannot see the "wood for the trees".

1. One user cannot send/receive internal mail - External mail is OK

Components:

Small office (3 users) Exchange 2000, on Windows 2000 Server.  Outlook
XP, and one very pissed off administrator.

This just started happening, no changes were made to outlook or server
settings.

We're using outlook 2002, full Exchange client setup.  I've tried
setting up this user on multiple desktops and get the same results.
He can send and recieve mail from the internet, oddly enough, but
internal messages never make it to or from his account, and nobody
recieves andy Non-deliverable messages.

I've even tried deleting, purging, and then recreating his entire
mailbox!  There are NO errors in the event log!

There are no rules set up in outlook for mail.

The server is running NAV, but not NAV for exchange, so it's not
really looking at E-mail.  I disabled it anyway to see if that had any
effect, but no luck.

I have never, EVER, seen a problem like this before.  At least not one
that wasn't solved by re-creating everything.

Any input AT ALL for help would be very, very appreciated.  Things
were going quite well for this client for quite a while.

-Dave

2. SMTP Server

3. OWA 2000 inside office ok, outside not ok

4. How to find incoming email routing

5. OK OK..it's an MSmail question, but I am desperate

6. One user - Multiple Mailboxes after 5.5 upgrade

7. Publish custom Post form to Exchange Folder ok --- BUT

8. Error message when I upgrade my exchnage server

9. Error while accessing Public Folder with Outlook, ok with Exchange Client

10. Users can send mail out ok but can not get mail from E2K server

11. Sending telnet SMTP email bounces external, ok internal