Migrate from outside e-mail

Post by Ken Hal » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm sure this question is answered somewhere in these groups, but I'm unabel
to find it...

Is there an easy way to migrate from an external e-mail provider (namely
Concentric in our case) to exchange?  If I were to get a CSV file from them
with everyone's e-mail address and name, could I migrate their accounts and
e-mail to exchange?

Thanks for your time!
Ken Hale

Migrate from outside e-mail

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q155/4/14.asp

> I'm sure this question is answered somewhere in these groups, but I'm unabel
> to find it...

> Is there an easy way to migrate from an external e-mail provider (namely
> Concentric in our case) to exchange?  If I were to get a CSV file from them
> with everyone's e-mail address and name, could I migrate their accounts and
> e-mail to exchange?

> Thanks for your time!
> Ken Hale

group).

Kirill

Migrate from outside e-mail

Post by Paulo Jacinto Rodrigue » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I believe I have the same problem. I need to migrate from a Proprietary
Messaging System to Exchange Server. In order top do so I need to create my
specific Source Extractor to create the Migration Files that the Migration
Wizard understands. I have the format of the Migration Files but I needed
some examples in order to make it easier. Have you encountered some examples
or ways to do this?

Best Regards

www.pararede.com

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q155/4/14.asp

> > I'm sure this question is answered somewhere in these groups, but I'm
unabel
> > to find it...

> > Is there an easy way to migrate from an external e-mail provider (namely
> > Concentric in our case) to exchange?  If I were to get a CSV file from
them
> > with everyone's e-mail address and name, could I migrate their accounts
and
> > e-mail to exchange?

> > Thanks for your time!
> > Ken Hale

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in
> group).
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

Migrate from outside e-mail

Post by Andy Web » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

There is a very basic sample on the cd - UnixSE.  What's the proprietary
system you're using?

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> I believe I have the same problem. I need to migrate from a Proprietary
> Messaging System to Exchange Server. In order top do so I need to create
my
> specific Source Extractor to create the Migration Files that the Migration
> Wizard understands. I have the format of the Migration Files but I needed
> some examples in order to make it easier. Have you encountered some
examples
> or ways to do this?

> Best Regards

> www.pararede.com

> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q155/4/14.asp

> > > I'm sure this question is answered somewhere in these groups, but I'm
> unabel
> > > to find it...

> > > Is there an easy way to migrate from an external e-mail provider
(namely
> > > Concentric in our case) to exchange?  If I were to get a CSV file from
> them
> > > with everyone's e-mail address and name, could I migrate their
accounts
> and
> > > e-mail to exchange?

> > > Thanks for your time!
> > > Ken Hale

> > --
> > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so
> (in
> > group).
> > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
participate.

> > Kirill

Migrate from outside e-mail

Post by Paulo Jacinto Rodrigue » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I'm using a system where everything is managed inside a database. I need to
create the .pkl, .pri and .sec files to migrate them to Outlook. That's why
some examples of Migration files would be so helpful.

> There is a very basic sample on the cd - UnixSE.  What's the proprietary
> system you're using?

> --

> Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
> Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > I believe I have the same problem. I need to migrate from a Proprietary
> > Messaging System to Exchange Server. In order top do so I need to create
> my
> > specific Source Extractor to create the Migration Files that the
Migration
> > Wizard understands. I have the format of the Migration Files but I
needed
> > some examples in order to make it easier. Have you encountered some
> examples
> > or ways to do this?

> > Best Regards

> > www.pararede.com

in

> > > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q155/4/14.asp

I'm
> > unabel

> (namely
> > them
> accounts
> > and

> > > --
> > > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to
do
> so
> > (in
> > > group).
> > > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
> participate.

> > > Kirill

Migrate from outside e-mail

Post by Andy Web » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Well, my favorite way to create a set of full featured samples is to set up
an eval lotus notes server, create a couple mailboxes, mail a bunch of stuff
back and forth, then use the Migration Wizard in two step mode to create the
IFF files.  Pay attention to the "level" field which allows you do do nested
messages.

Also, make sure you have the very latest Migration Wizard code (it's post
SP3).

Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> I'm using a system where everything is managed inside a database. I need
> create the .pkl, .pri and .sec files to migrate them to Outlook. That's
why
> some examples of Migration files would be so helpful.

> > There is a very basic sample on the cd - UnixSE.  What's the proprietary
> > system you're using?

> > --

> > Simpler-Webb, Inc.  Austin, TX  "Mauve has more RAM" -Dilbert
> > Exchange FAQ   -   http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

in

> > > I believe I have the same problem. I need to migrate from a
Proprietary
> > > Messaging System to Exchange Server. In order top do so I need to
create
> > my
> > > specific Source Extractor to create the Migration Files that the
> Migration
> > > Wizard understands. I have the format of the Migration Files but I
> needed
> > > some examples in order to make it easier. Have you encountered some
> > examples
> > > or ways to do this?

> > > Best Regards

> > > www.pararede.com

wrote
> in

> I'm
> > > unabel

> > (namely
> from
> > > them
> > accounts
> > > and

> do
> > so
> > > (in
> > participate.

1. Migrate from outside e-mail

I'm sure this question is answered somewhere in these groups, but I'm unabel
to find it...

Is there an easy way to migrate from an external e-mail provider (namely
Concentric in our case) to exchange?  If I were to get a CSV file from them
with everyone's e-mail address and name, could I migrate their accounts and
e-mail to exchange?

Thanks for your time!
Ken Hale

2. can not receive mail after moving their mailboxes

3. Add attachment error

4. Invalid ProgID with Server.CreateObject("MAPI.Session")

5. Cannot recieve email from outside to my email,but i can send email to outside

6. Access is Denied when performing backups

7. Migrating email to Exchange from Outside company

8. Forwarding mail to a users outside email address

9. Forwarding mail to an email address outside our domain

10. Blocking outside email to group email addresses

11. auto forwarding email to an outside email address