Exchange Server v Exchange Server as part of Small Business Server

Exchange Server v Exchange Server as part of Small Business Server

Post by Jimmy Westo » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have heard that Exchange Server as part of the Small Business Server
package is not as good, is a cut down version and basically causes problems.

Is there any truth to this?

Thanks.

Exchange Server v Exchange Server as part of Small Business Server

Post by Chris Scharf » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000 23:53:12 +0100, "Jimmy Weston"

>Hi,

>I have heard that Exchange Server as part of the Small Business Server
>package is not as good, is a cut down version and basically causes problems.

>Is there any truth to this?

It is limited to a single server in a org, 16GB information store and
a 50 user max, but other than that it is basically identical to the
standard version of Exchange.

Not aware of any problems for orgs who don't need more than 1 server,
more than 16GB worth of storage or more than 50 users.

--
Chris Scharff
Exchange MVP

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Exchange Server v Exchange Server as part of Small Business Server

Post by Jimmy Westo » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for that info Chris.

> On Sat, 3 Jun 2000 23:53:12 +0100, "Jimmy Weston"

> >Hi,

> >I have heard that Exchange Server as part of the Small Business Server
> >package is not as good, is a cut down version and basically causes
problems.

> >Is there any truth to this?

> It is limited to a single server in a org, 16GB information store and
> a 50 user max, but other than that it is basically identical to the
> standard version of Exchange.

> Not aware of any problems for orgs who don't need more than 1 server,
> more than 16GB worth of storage or more than 50 users.

> --
> Chris Scharff
> Exchange MVP
> Simpler-Webb, Inc.

> Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

1. Users: Small Business User, Small Business Power User and Small Business Admini

In the Active Directory tree in the SBS2000 Administrator
Console, we have the following users:

(1)     Small Business User;
(2)     Small Business Power User and
(3)     Small Business Administrator.

We have an “Administrator” user in the Active Directory
tree, which supposedly is the System Administrator for the
Network (denoted by the Username and Password we use to
logon to the SBS2000 server machine), but do not know
where the other 3 users came from and what they do?

Please could someone explain what the 3 users mentioned
above are, what function they play and most of all do we
need these users?

Sachin

2. Isinteg and Eseutil

3. Small Business Server 2000 Exchange Server limitation

4. order and display of addressbook

5. Exchange Back Office Server --> Small Business Server

6. Setting Host & Domain in DNS tab

7. Microsoft SBS (Small Business Server) problem importing from a .PST (personal forlder) to exchange server SBS

8. PFAdmin

9. Exchange server not running under Small Business Server

10. Exchange 5.0, Small Business Server & Outlook 97

11. Exchange 2000 on Small business server

12. Exchange for Small Business Server queues

13. Problem with SMTP in Exchange 2000, Small Business Server 2000