How to stop Exchange 2000 outbound messages

How to stop Exchange 2000 outbound messages

Post by Temp » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 04:54:20

We are using Exchange 2000 for local e-mail only.  We use
Outlook to hook up directly to our ISP for external e-
mail.  The server is cut off the outside world for
security reasons.

However, Exchange intercepts the outbound e-mails and
trys to send them out anyway.  Since there is no internet
connection we get a delivery failure notification back,
even though the e-mail was sent out successfully directly
through Outlook.

Is there a way to disable the outbound messages in
Exchange 2000?

Thanks for your help

How to stop Exchange 2000 outbound messages

Post by Allan L » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 16:54:51

Try changing the order of your mail servers in Outlook. For e.g. you will
have Microsoft Exchange Server and Internet Mail listed under services in
your outlook client. Here move your Internet Mail Settings to the top of the
list.

Cheers
Allan L.

Quote:> We are using Exchange 2000 for local e-mail only.  We use
> Outlook to hook up directly to our ISP for external e-
> mail.  The server is cut off the outside world for
> security reasons.

> However, Exchange intercepts the outbound e-mails and
> trys to send them out anyway.  Since there is no internet
> connection we get a delivery failure notification back,
> even though the e-mail was sent out successfully directly
> through Outlook.

> Is there a way to disable the outbound messages in
> Exchange 2000?

> Thanks for your help

How to stop Exchange 2000 outbound messages

Post by Temp » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:19:57

Thanks for your help.  But, been there done that.  Which
helped in most cases except when we have a large
attachment.  Exchange still has time to grab that and try
to send it out.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Try changing the order of your mail servers in Outlook.
For e.g. you will
>have Microsoft Exchange Server and Internet Mail listed
under services in
>your outlook client. Here move your Internet Mail

Settings to the top of the
>list.

>Cheers
>Allan L.

>> We are using Exchange 2000 for local e-mail only.  We
use
>> Outlook to hook up directly to our ISP for external e-
>> mail.  The server is cut off the outside world for
>> security reasons.

>> However, Exchange intercepts the outbound e-mails and
>> trys to send them out anyway.  Since there is no
internet
>> connection we get a delivery failure notification back,
>> even though the e-mail was sent out successfully
directly
>> through Outlook.

>> Is there a way to disable the outbound messages in
>> Exchange 2000?

>> Thanks for your help

>.

1. Messages stopped in Outbound Que

Twice this week I have come in to findmessages from the
previous day sitting in the outbound que. Stopping and
starting the Internet Mail service didn't help. I had to
reboot the server. When I did the mail started going out
fine. During this time we could still receive mail fine. I
looked in the event logs and didn't see anything
suspicious. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave Seely

2. text datatype

3. Exchange 2000 outbound SMTP messages

4. CDO Logon/Logoff leak

5. Exchange 2000 - track outbound messages?

6. need help....URGENT!!!

7. How to Stop Spam Mail Messages from Using Relay in Exchange 2000

8. getting crazy about public folders

9. Outlook 2000 Outbound Message Attachments

10. SMTP outbound traffic on Exchange 2000/Windows 2000

11. Outbound mail stopped flowing

12. Stopping Outbound SMTP e-mail