Outlook Web Access installation on Standalone Web Server

Outlook Web Access installation on Standalone Web Server

Post by Vladimi » Mon, 03 Feb 2003 00:25:36

HI. I want to install OWA on standalone (not DC server).
Unfortunately, Exchange setup program check server for DC
attribute and terminates. Any solutions for this
problem ?.

I want to run a standalone W2k server with OWA in DMZ and
do not want to allow Internet users to contact with any
DC at all.

So, Exchange is 5.5, Server is W2k Server.

Outlook Web Access installation on Standalone Web Server

Post by Lee Derbyshir » Mon, 03 Feb 2003 02:34:22

Quote:> HI. I want to install OWA on standalone (not DC server).
> Unfortunately, Exchange setup program check server for DC
> attribute and terminates. Any solutions for this
> problem ?.

> I want to run a standalone W2k server with OWA in DMZ and
> do not want to allow Internet users to contact with any
> DC at all.

> So, Exchange is 5.5, Server is W2k Server.

I don't think the server needs to be a DC, but you do have to log into it
with a domain admin account when you run the E5.5 setup program.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access installation on Standalone Web Server

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:25:19

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 9:25:36 -0600, Vladimir wrote

Quote:> HI. I want to install OWA on standalone (not DC server).
> Unfortunately, Exchange setup program check server for DC
> attribute and terminates. Any solutions for this
> problem ?.

> I want to run a standalone W2k server with OWA in DMZ and
> do not want to allow Internet users to contact with any
> DC at all.

The machine needs to be a member server, OWA cannot be installed on a stand
alone server.

--
Chris Scharff
The Mail Resource Center

1. Outlook Web Access (OWA) and seperate web server

Aloha,
        Our exchange server (5.0) and web server (IIS4) are on two
different machines.  I would like to run the Web Outlook Access on the
web server but have not been able to figure out how to get it to work.
I tried to install the Web Outlook Access (sp1_50bi.exe) on the web
server but it says "You must have Microsoft Exchange Active Server
Installed"  Many of the resources I have looked at said it's a good
idea to run Web Outlook Access on a seperate server.   Anyone have
experience on doing this?

Aloha,
John Catlin
NSGA Kunia, U.S. Navy

2. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted

3. exchange web access with outlook web server

4. All Tabs except ExchangeTabs

5. Web Outlook Access and seperate Web Server

6. How to add <From> field

7. Exchange web access tool other than Outlook Web access

8. How do I reinstall Exchange 5.5 to itself? DESPERATE!!!

9. Adding Outlook web access to existing installation of Exchange

10. Outlook Web Access installation failure

11. Outlook Web Access Installation Problem

12. Exchage installation & outlook web access

13. Installation of Outlook Web Access (Ex2000)