Unattend Install of First E2K Server in Forest

Unattend Install of First E2K Server in Forest

Post by Keit » Tue, 14 May 2002 01:03:34

Exchange Gurus,

Per this doc you can't do an unattended install of the
first E2K server.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/
2000/unattended.doc

Does anybody know of a way around this?  I assume there
is an unpublished way to do so.  My company OEMs Exchange
and we would prefer to script the install to make things
easier for them.

Thanks,

Keith

1. Install a new e2k server to replace the first one in E2k mixed mode environment

Hi
    I setup a Ex2k server to join my Ex5.5 ORG. Everything seems working
fine. Due to the hardware performance, I want to change the e2k server to a
higer-end machine.
    I bought a new server and install e2k. Then I add this computer to the
same ORG.
    Now,here comes the questions. Because there are some settings in the
first e2k server like SRS,RUS,ADNAutoDRC, etc,  so I have to change it to
new e2k server. But something wrong when I try to add a new SRS for new e2k.
I also can't change local bridgehead server to new e2k in ADNAutoDRC. Do I
have to delete the old SRS so I can add a new SRS?

Jimmy

2. Outlook Popup error

3. SP2 killed Administrators OWA view of Public Folders.

4. installing e2k in a dual-domain forest

5. Log files

6. Clean install E2K seperate forest prep ?

7. CONTACTS

8. E2K in different forest that W2K account forests

9. Move E2K Server between forests

10. Connecting E2K Servers in two different forests

11. Two Forests / One E2K Server

12. Final step in removing first e2k server