Exchange 2003 and OWA problems

Post by Mark van der Bil » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:37:43

I upgraded exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 and after that i have tree
problems:

1) when i want to restart my server windows says that it is shutting down
but nothing happens; I have to push the reset button.

2) In the Internet information service there is a red stop sign for my
exchange site, with the error than te location
\\.\backofficestorage\mydomain\mbx is not available. When i retype the
location everything is OK and the red STOP sign disappears.

3) when i go to http://www.mysite.com/exchange a window prompts me to input
my username/password/domain. After that the OWA screens appears and than I'm
again prompted to give my password, and again, and again.

Does anybody know how to solve thes problems ?

Exchange 2003 and OWA problems

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:01:46

Quote:> I upgraded exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 and after that i have tree
> problems:

> 1) when i want to restart my server windows says that it is shutting
> down but nothing happens; I have to push the reset button.

> 2) In the Internet information service there is a red stop sign for my
> exchange site, with the error than te location
> \\.\backofficestorage\mydomain\mbx is not available. When i retype the
> location everything is OK and the red STOP sign disappears.

> 3) when i go to http://www.mysite.com/exchange a window prompts me to
> input my username/password/domain. After that the OWA screens appears
> and than I'm again prompted to give my password, and again, and again.

> Does anybody know how to solve thes problems ?

1) If you shut the exchange services down and then reboot do you still
need to button the box?
2) Make the IIS dependent on the Exchange IS or just do a stop/start of
the site. It's entirely cosmetic.
3) What authentication have you got enabled?

Post by Paul » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:03:07

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>3) when i go to http://www.mysite.com/exchange a window
prompts me to input
>my username/password/domain. After that the OWA screens

appears and than I'm

Quote:>again prompted to give my password, and again, and again.

I used to have this problem with users of OWA 2000. I
believed it had something to do with them entering an
incorrect password the first time they used OWA and
ticking 'save this password'. Next time you open OWA,
don't click OK when the prompt comes up with your
password - clear the 'save' box and type in the your
password again.

Might work, it did work for this lot here (though my
reasoning might not be safe).

1. Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Event Sink Problem

I have an event sink, com+ based, which worked perfectly in
Win2000/Exchange2000 and Win2000/Exchange2003 configurations. Now on a fresh
install of Win2003/Exchange2003 I get the following error:

ERROR: -2141913011 Event Registration failure: The specified event sink
(ProgID: %1) is not allowed to run in-proc.

I've set security permissions as I've done in the past. Is there an IIS6
component I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

2. NTBackup Extension

3. Outlook XP / Outlook 2003 problems...with Exchange 2003

4. MS Exchange 5.5 eval problems

5. IIS problems with Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 Server

6. Storage Limits Delegated Authority

7. Problems installing Exchange 2003 Beta 2 on Win 2003 (Final Release Version)

8. What does the "Run Cleanup Agent" really do ???

9. Exchange 2003 OWA problem with System Attendant

10. Exchange 2003 OWA problem

11. Problems with OWA Exchange 2003

12. Problem with OWA and Exchange 2003

13. Problems with OWA password changes and Exchange 2003