Exchange 5.0 & MS Mail Clients

Post by Scott Pasco » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Having an existing MS Mail PO, I want to completely migrate it to Exchange
and have the MS Mail connector running to allow Old MS Mail clients to
access the PO as if it were still a MS Mail PO.  This will allow a phased
rollout into new client OS's and Outlook for the mail client.

My question is: Can I migrate the PO completely and still have access from
MS Mail clients?  If so, how would I setup the NT share to access this
pseudo MS Mail PO?

Please email replys as well as post as I will be away from the net for a few
days.  TIA for your help!

Scott Pascoe, Senior Systems Engineer
Network Engineering, Inc, Indianapolis, IN

Exchange 5.0 & MS Mail Clients

Post by Greg Aske » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Uh, sure.  But I think you have some hidden meaning with the
words "completely" and "psuedo".   The MS Mail Connector is
designed to to exactly what you want to do - a "phased" migration.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

> Having an existing MS Mail PO, I want to completely migrate it to Exchange
> and have the MS Mail connector running to allow Old MS Mail clients to
> access the PO as if it were still a MS Mail PO.  This will allow a phased
> rollout into new client OS's and Outlook for the mail client.

> My question is: Can I migrate the PO completely and still have access from
> MS Mail clients?  If so, how would I setup the NT share to access this
> pseudo MS Mail PO?

> Please email replys as well as post as I will be away from the net for a few
> days.  TIA for your help!

> Scott Pascoe, Senior Systems Engineer
> Network Engineering, Inc, Indianapolis, IN

1. MS Mail & MS Exchange 5.0

We have some offices, and some of them are using MS Mail and some - MS
Exchange. They are connected via modems. Our system coordinator said
that those, who have Exchange must install MS Mail also and MS Mail
connector between them. Is it possible to use only MS Exchange (with MS
Mail connector)without any MS Mail.
Best regards,
                                        Alexey

2. Blank Space in GAL

3. Configuring Windows 95 Client for MS-Mail and Exchange 5.0 Postoffices

4. Programming problem about Exchange

5. Forwarding email to an internet account

6. Exchange client & MS Mail MTA

7. Exchange Hacks

8. Forward mail from Exchange client to MS Mail 3.2 client

9. Exch Client 5.0 & IBM Client Access problem

10. MS Outlook/Exchange client very slow to connect with exchange server 5.0 on start up

11. Ms Exchange and Exchange Serever Client Ver. 5.0