Outlook 97 Error Message

Post by Thomas S. Arabudzk » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I've been using Inbox for a while now, but have recently installed Outlook
97 onto my computer.  When ever I start up Outlook now, I can access
everything in it, with the exception of getting new mail.  I have no
problem sending mail, but when I try to receive mail, I get the following
error message:

        A message could not be delivered.  Make sure there is sufficient memory
        and disk space and that the message store is accessible, then try again.

I can't understand what Outlook is having a problem with.  I have 50+ MB's
on my C Drive where Outlook is installed to, my PAB & PST files are both
very small, I have 48 MB's of memory in the machine, a Dynamic Swap file
running (which is no where near it's max), always at least 70% User
Resources Free, and at least 5 MB's of actual memory free.  I've tried to
uninstall Outlook 97, and Inbox/Exchange, but nothing seems to help.  It
seems almost like there is some faulty line in my Registry but I can't find
it, and uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help.  If anyone has any ideas
what the problem is, or where I can find out, I would really appreciate it.
 Thanks.

Thomas S. Arabudzki

Outlook 97 Error Message

Post by John M. Kesle » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem.  In fact, if you've got the
time, I've got a simple question.

What is the OS platform that you have installed Outlook on (Win95/NT, SP)?

I have loaded the beta of Office 97 on my Toshiba Notebook (P75, 40MB,
Win95) and I can't get Outlook to run at all.  It crashes on takeoff
complaining of a page fault in "OUTLRPC.DLL".  I don't have a clue as to
the problem.  Other Office 97 apps seem to run fine...

john k

> I've been using Inbox for a while now, but have recently installed
Outlook
> 97 onto my computer.  When ever I start up Outlook now, I can access
> everything in it, with the exception of getting new mail.  I have no
> problem sending mail, but when I try to receive mail, I get the following
> error message:

>    A message could not be delivered.  Make sure there is sufficient memory
>    and disk space and that the message store is accessible, then try again.

> I can't understand what Outlook is having a problem with.  I have 50+
MB's
> on my C Drive where Outlook is installed to, my PAB & PST files are both
> very small, I have 48 MB's of memory in the machine, a Dynamic Swap file
> running (which is no where near it's max), always at least 70% User
> Resources Free, and at least 5 MB's of actual memory free.  I've tried to
> uninstall Outlook 97, and Inbox/Exchange, but nothing seems to help.  It
> seems almost like there is some faulty line in my Registry but I can't
find
> it, and uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help.  If anyone has any ideas
> what the problem is, or where I can find out, I would really appreciate
it.
>  Thanks.

> Thomas S. Arabudzki

Outlook 97 Error Message

Post by Ron Bows » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem.  In fact, if you've got the
> time, I've got a simple question.

> What is the OS platform that you have installed Outlook on (Win95/NT, SP)?

> I have loaded the beta of Office 97 on my Toshiba Notebook (P75, 40MB,
> Win95) and I can't get Outlook to run at all.  It crashes on takeoff
> complaining of a page fault in "OUTLRPC.DLL".  I don't have a clue as to
> the problem.  Other Office 97 apps seem to run fine...

> john k

John,

I don't know if this is the same dll, but there is a problem if you are
running C++ subscription.  One of the updates did not update a dll
properly and outlook would stumble on it.  I think the problem is described
in the readme file.  For your sake, I hope this is the same dll.

Good luck

Ron Bowser

1. Outlook 97 Error Message

[...]

2. MailboxResources

3. Question about OWA and WebDAV

4. message size limits

5. Exchange MTA behavior with ESMTP command: 8BITMIME

6. Error message in Outlook 97!

7. Outlook in Office '97 Vs. Outlook 97

8. Adding email addresses using outlook 97/97/2000

9. Outlook 97 Client Error

10. Error logging into Exchange with Outlook 97