Can't get Internet mail delivered to mailboxes

Can't get Internet mail delivered to mailboxes

Post by Johannesskole » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'm running an exchange 5.0 SP1 on a NT4 SP3.

My problem is that exchange can't deliever mail from the Internet to my
mailboxes. When a message arrives the administrator account gets
a "Notification: Inbound Mail Failure" with the following contents:

The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are
listed with each recipient:

        MSEXCH:IMS:Johannesskolen:JOHANNESSKOLEN.dk:SERVER01 0 (000C05A6) Unknown
Recipient

The message that caused this notification was:....

My mailboxes can send e-mail to eachother and to the Internet so it's only
this
little (but very important) thing that doesn't work.

I hope someone can help me - I'm getting desperate!!

Thanks,
  Svend.

1. Mail downloads from POP3 global mailbox but not delivered to user's exchange mailbox

I hope one of the Exchange experts out there can assist.

Had a crash on a customer's Exchange 2000 on SBS server on Monday afternoon.
Restarted the
server and all came back without errors in the event log.

However, since the crash no inbound mail from the ISP has shown up. Outbound
mail is OK. I upped the logging on the POP3 connector and it shows that mail
is downloading from the ISP to Exchange. A phone call to the ISP also
confirmed that the email is leaving them.

I had a look at the MS Kb site and all I could find was reference to Doman=*
being a possible cause. I checked the Global settings for Internet message
format and it was correct.

Can anyone give me some tips as to where I should look now? Has the mail
downloaded since Monday been lost or is it stuck in a queue somewhere?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Regards
Karl

2. Message Transport congestion????

3. Exchange won't deliver internet mail

4. Ex-employee mail viewing

5. help internet mail service mailbox getting bigger and bigger

6. Adding a Second Exch2k Server

7. Mailbox limit canned message

8. Creating PST

9. Incoming mail never gets delivered ?

10. Delivery failure - but mail gets delivered & repeats

11. MAILS ARE NOT GETTING DELIVERED TO PRIVATE INFORMATION STORE

12. Internal mail not getting delivered.

13. E2K - internal Mail gets queued instead of delivered