Exchange Client License

Post by Darin Wimbroug » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

My employees have been getting a error message saying there are no
additional client licenses available.  But there are pleanty of licenses.
All the employees use Outlook 97 and I am Using Outlook 98.  If they get
this message all I do is log off and it lets them in.  But if I am log on it
sometimes let them in and sometimes doesn't. Help this is getting
frustration, having to log off and log on. every time someone wants on the
Exchange server.

Thanks in advance,
Darin Wimborugh
Evergreen Systems, Inc.

Exchange Client License

Post by Rick Majzne » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

It doesn't matter what client you are using to access exchange, whether it
is Exchange Client, a POP3 client or Outlook, each user of the Exchange
Server must have an Exchange Server client license.  This can be fulfilled
through an Exchange Server or Back Office Client license.  In your case each
person needs a license for Outlook, probably purchased as part of Office 97,
a client access license for Exchange Server and of course a client access
license for Windows NT Server.
Once purchased, these licenses must be entered in the License Manager on
Windows NT server in the domain in which the Exchange Server exists.
Hope this helps.

Rick Majzner - MCSE
Network Administrator
ProxyMed, Inc.

>My employees have been getting a error message saying there are no
>additional client licenses available.  But there are pleanty of licenses.
>All the employees use Outlook 97 and I am Using Outlook 98.  If they get
>this message all I do is log off and it lets them in.  But if I am log on
it
>sometimes let them in and sometimes doesn't. Help this is getting
>frustration, having to log off and log on. every time someone wants on the
>Exchange server.

>Thanks in advance,
>Darin Wimborugh
>Evergreen Systems, Inc.

Exchange Client License

Post by Greg Aske » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

The License Logging Service has some known bugs.  I usually stop
the service and set the startup mode to manual.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

> My employees have been getting a error message saying there are no
> additional client licenses available.  But there are pleanty of licenses.
> All the employees use Outlook 97 and I am Using Outlook 98.  If they get
> this message all I do is log off and it lets them in.  But if I am log on it
> sometimes let them in and sometimes doesn't. Help this is getting
> frustration, having to log off and log on. every time someone wants on the
> Exchange server.

> Thanks in advance,
> Darin Wimborugh
> Evergreen Systems, Inc.

Exchange Client License

Post by Trevor Brus » Tue, 23 Dec 1997 04:00:00

There is no need to purchase a separate Windows NT Server CAL if you are
just using Microsoft Exchange.  You would only need to purchase an NT Server
CAL if your NT Server running Exchange is also being used for file and print
sharing, RAS, and web access.

>In your case each person needs a license for Outlook, probably purchased as
part
>of Office 97, a client access license for Exchange Server and of course a
client
>access license for Windows NT Server.

1. Exchange Client License

Can I get this straight?

Do you need an Exchange Client License for every mailbox that is on my
server?  So if I count only the individual mailboxes that should match my
purchased licenses.!?!
Or
Every computer that needs a connection to my Exchange Server? Not for every
user that uses that one computer...!?!  100 computers/100 licenses?????

I need some clarification....

2. Is keeping a copy of every in/out mail possible?

3. Team Folder Question??

4. Exchange Client Licensing

5. MSExchangeIS Service Specific error # 3355444211

6. Exchange Client Licenses

7. Archive and Backup Data

8. Exchange Client Licensing

9. Exchange Client License