Forestprep and Domainprep Necessary?

Post by Jim Isaac » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 06:55:24

I have a machine with a fresh, new install of Adv. Server 2K. SP3.

It is my only domain. No other domains. AD is up and running like a
champ.

Is forest and domian prep still necessary for Exchange2000?

If so, do I have to wait for schema replication, since there are no other
domains? In other words, can i jump straight from forestprep to
domainprep to exchange install?

I did all of this yesterday, waited 30 mins in between each prep, before
exc. install. I couldn't even message internally to accounts on the AD.

Also, why am I having such a hard time finding this "ReplMon" tool to
verify schema updates were sucessful?

Inquiring minds want to know.

TIA

Jim

1. Forestprep and Domainprep Necessary?

I have a machine with a fresh, new install of Adv. Server 2K. SP3.

It is my only domain. No other domains. AD is up and running like a
champ.

Is forest and domian prep still necessary for Exchange2000?

If so, do I have to wait for schema replication, since there are no other
domains? In other words, can i jump straight from forestprep to
domainprep to exchange install?

I did all of this yesterday, waited 30 mins in between each prep, before
exc. install. I couldn't even message internally to accounts on the AD.

Also, why am I having such a hard time finding this "ReplMon" tool to
verify schema updates were sucessful?

Inquiring minds want to know.

TIA

Jim

2. no option of move mailbox

3. Vcards attached to emails

4. Real Time Monitoring of Connectors/Mail flow

5. Msmail to Exchange question

6. ForestPrep + DomainPrep necessary?

7. Rollback Schema after /forestprep & /domainprep

8. ADC, Forestprep, Domainprep

9. Exchange installation, forestprep/domainprep