Can Exchange2k run on a Domain Controller?

Can Exchange2k run on a Domain Controller?

Post by Prayer S. Solank » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 01:30:07

Is it possible for Exchange 2000 to run on a Windows 2000 domain controller?
Currently, our Exchange 5.5 server all run on Windows 2000 domain
controllers.  It would be nice if we could just upgrade those.

Can Exchange2k run on a Domain Controller?

Post by Gert Van Eynd » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:19:59

I have the exchange 2000 server running on a windows 2000
domain controller, so i guess it works :-)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Is it possible for Exchange 2000 to run on a Windows 2000
domain controller?
>Currently, our Exchange 5.5 server all run on Windows
2000 domain
>controllers.  It would be nice if we could just upgrade
those.

>.

Can Exchange2k run on a Domain Controller?

Post by Calvi » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:09:49

Our exchange server is also installed on our domain controller...

Quote:> I have the exchange 2000 server running on a windows 2000
> domain controller, so i guess it works :-)

Post by Andy Woo » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:29:52

Does it have to be on a domain controller?  Does Active Directory have to be
installed.?

> Our exchange server is also installed on our domain controller...

> > I have the exchange 2000 server running on a windows 2000
> > domain controller, so i guess it works :-)

Active directory has to be installed on a server in ur network.