GroupWise Connector: Exchange User Not Seen in GroupWise

GroupWise Connector: Exchange User Not Seen in GroupWise

Post by Rick Troh » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 02:33:40



I have set up a GroupWise connector between our new Exchange 2000 system
and our old GroupWise system. I saw directory sync messages travel in
both directions. All the GroupWise users were succesfully imported into
an Active Directory container and I can send email to them.

No Exchange users can be seen in GroupWise. Where exactly should
they be seen? The Address Book? Can they be seen as NDS objects in
NetWare Administrator?

I can see the API gateway receive the dirsync messages, but nothing
seems to be done with them on the NetWare/GroupWise side.

 
 
 

GroupWise Connector: Exchange User Not Seen in GroupWise

Post by Pete » Tue, 09 Oct 2001 09:58:30


You should be able to see them in the address book as well as in NWADMN32
when you highlight the Exchange External Foreign domain in the groupwise
view.

I would check a couple of places. First check the API Gateway object and
verify that dirsync is set to Exchange. If it is I would then look at the
GroupWise connector on the Exchange server. On the Export tab verify the you
have specified an Active Directory OU to export. This is typically the Users
folder.

With these two set, force a dirsync both ways from the Exchange server.
Within a few minutes you should see the Exchange aliases showing up in your
GroupWsie address book.

Best of luck.

Peter


Quote:> I have set up a GroupWise connector between our new Exchange 2000 system
> and our old GroupWise system. I saw directory sync messages travel in
> both directions. All the GroupWise users were succesfully imported into
> an Active Directory container and I can send email to them.

> No Exchange users can be seen in GroupWise. Where exactly should
> they be seen? The Address Book? Can they be seen as NDS objects in
> NetWare Administrator?

> I can see the API gateway receive the dirsync messages, but nothing
> seems to be done with them on the NetWare/GroupWise side.


 
 
 

GroupWise Connector: Exchange User Not Seen in GroupWise

Post by Richard Troh » Tue, 09 Oct 2001 20:42:14




Quote:> You should be able to see them in the address book as well as in NWADMN32
> when you highlight the Exchange External Foreign domain in the groupwise
> view.

Unfortunately, I don't

Quote:> I would check a couple of places. First check the API Gateway object and
> verify that dirsync is set to Exchange.

It is.

Quote:> If it is I would then look at the
> GroupWise connector on the Exchange server. On the Export tab verify the you
> have specified an Active Directory OU to export. This is typically the Users
> folder.

Yup, set to the Users OU.

Quote:

> With these two set, force a dirsync both ways from the Exchange server.
> Within a few minutes you should see the Exchange aliases showing up in your
> GroupWsie address book.

When I force a Dirsync, I can see the requests pass from the Exchange
Connector into the API Gateway, but nothing ever shows up in the
GW address book (nor as NDS objects).

I've come up with a workaround that involves creating Groupwise
External Users as I migrate people over to Exchange.

Thanks for responding.

 
 
 

GroupWise Connector: Exchange User Not Seen in GroupWise

Post by Pete » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:23:47


Your work around reminds me of another step that you have not yet mentioned.
If you haven't already done so, you must do the following.

Create a Foreign External Domain in GroupWise. Then don't forget to link
your GroupWise domain to the newly created External Foreign domain.

If you have already done this, the only thing else that I can think of is
the Dir Sync setting of the GWAPI gateway set it to both and restart the
gateway.

This configuration works for me. Beware though, deleting the Exchange
contact or user will delete the GroupWise mailbox too. That's not always
desirable.

Peter




> > You should be able to see them in the address book as well as in
NWADMN32
> > when you highlight the Exchange External Foreign domain in the groupwise
> > view.

> Unfortunately, I don't

> > I would check a couple of places. First check the API Gateway object and
> > verify that dirsync is set to Exchange.

> It is.

> > If it is I would then look at the
> > GroupWise connector on the Exchange server. On the Export tab verify the
you
> > have specified an Active Directory OU to export. This is typically the
Users
> > folder.

> Yup, set to the Users OU.

> > With these two set, force a dirsync both ways from the Exchange server.
> > Within a few minutes you should see the Exchange aliases showing up in
your
> > GroupWsie address book.

> When I force a Dirsync, I can see the requests pass from the Exchange
> Connector into the API Gateway, but nothing ever shows up in the
> GW address book (nor as NDS objects).

> I've come up with a workaround that involves creating Groupwise
> External Users as I migrate people over to Exchange.

> Thanks for responding.