Exchange Questions

Post by CSI » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hopefully A couple of easy question someone can help me figure out.  We
are getting ready to switch to Exchange Server 5.0.  Exchange is running
on NT 4.0 server, however most of the client machines are running NT
3.51.  I  have set up a few test machines with exchange client and I can
send and receive external mail with no problem.  Now to the questions 1)
How do I make sure all mail is stored on the exchange server and not on
the individual users machines?  The reason for this is that we swap out
machines on a somewhat regular basis and I dont want the individual to
lose their mailbox.  2)    Is it possible to let individuals get their
mail from any machine.  For example, john logs onto his machine and
checks his mail.  Jim comes in and wants to see if he has any new mail,
john logs off of exchange, can jim then log onto exchange and have his
mail downloaded to jim machine?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Exchange Questions

Post by Greg Aske » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

1. Don't use Personal Folders.  If you do use them, make sure
you set delivery to the Exchange mailbox in the Mail Control
panel, Exchange server service properties.

2. Make sure the NTWS User Profiles are saved on the server.
I can't recall if possible/how this was done for NTWS 3.51,
so you may want to double-check that.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

> Hopefully A couple of easy question someone can help me figure out.  We
> are getting ready to switch to Exchange Server 5.0.  Exchange is running
> on NT 4.0 server, however most of the client machines are running NT
> 3.51.  I  have set up a few test machines with exchange client and I can
> send and receive external mail with no problem.  Now to the questions 1)
> How do I make sure all mail is stored on the exchange server and not on
> the individual users machines?  The reason for this is that we swap out
> machines on a somewhat regular basis and I dont want the individual to
> lose their mailbox.  2)    Is it possible to let individuals get their
> mail from any machine.  For example, john logs onto his machine and
> checks his mail.  Jim comes in and wants to see if he has any new mail,
> john logs off of exchange, can jim then log onto exchange and have his
> mail downloaded to jim machine?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks

> Tim

1. cdo /exchange question

i am going through contacts folder using
objsession.getdefaultfolder(cdodefaultfoldercontacts)
it works fine, the problem is i am pulling contacts that do not show up in
contacts folder, and i have no clue where they are coming from.

2. Anonymous User

3. Newbie Exchange Questions

4. CDO Login Problem

5. EDI & Exchange Question

6. Problem programmatically registering event sink in C++

7. CDO / Exchange question

8. Server Shutdown slow after Installation of Exch. 5.5

9. Microsoft Fax/Exchange question

10. Crystal Reports for Exchange question

11. Child Domain Exchange Question

12. basic exchange question

13. 3 Quick Exchange Questions