We wish to upgrade from NT4 running Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000
We currently run a 30 server NT4 domain all SP6a
We run 1 server with Exchange 5.5
We wish to avoid making our Domain Windows 2000
Presuming the following statements are TRUE ???
1. Exchange 2000 can only run on Windows 2000 Server ? YES ?
2. Windows can be member server in NT4 domain ? YES ?
3. This doesn't require "mixed mode" as Win2000 won't be PDC ? YES ?
3. Exchange 5.5 will run on 2000 ? YES ?
So if I perform the following I will have achieved my objective ??
1. Upgrade my Exchange Server to Windows 2000, still running Exchange 5.5 ?
2. Upgrade Exchange from 5.5 to 2000 ? YES ?
I appreciate there will be many steps but is the theory correct ?