3rd PLEA for Microsoft or MVP Help

Post by Wil Usser » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

The fix to my problem was to remove an earlier version of an addon =
called idioms which allows one to attach a signature and other good =
things. It appears the version I was using was outdated. However, the =
updated version of this program does NOT work with Outlook so I had to =
remove the program entirely via the uninstall instructions that came =
with the program. The program and author are located at the addresses =
below:

http://www.angrygraycat.com/goetter/widgets.htm

--=20
=20
 PGP ID 0x72615C0D

 There's No Elevator To Success. You Have To Take The Stairs
 "You Can't Fake the Harvest", Stephen Covey

> 1. Run the Office setup, Add/Remove and remove Outlook
> 2. In Control Panel:Add Software: Windows Setup remove Exchange and/or
> Windows Messaging System
> 3. Reboot to clear out all memory
> 4. Go and install the one you want.
>=20
> Now. I understand the confusion, but the newsgroups with "Exchange" in =
the
> name are for the Exchange Server, not the Inbox that came with Win95. =
As my
> have noted (or maybe not) the client in Win95's updates is now called
> Windows Messaging System to get around that confusion.
>=20
> Also finally note that a) Microsoft does not maintain an official =
presence
> in any of these newsgroups b) if you post a question and no one =
answers,
> it's probably because no one know, not because you're being ignored c) =
you
> can always call MS for support, since the WMS belongs to Win95 support =
and
> Outlook belongs to Office and both have a certain amount of free =
support
> dating from the first call made.
> --=20
> Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227,
> any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is
> subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.
> E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.
>=20

> This is my THIRD try for an answer. I am NOT the type to leave =
beligerant
> messages, because I believe that adds nothing to the conversation. I =
have
> been patient for over a week trying to get an answer officially from
> Microsoft or an expert online, BUT NOONE has stepped up to the plate. =
If
> this is NOT the place to get an answer for the question below, could
> SOMEONE point me to a web site or phone number where I may get some
> assistance. I have already tried the knowledge base and nothing is =
there
> about the problem I describe below. However, there is a query from =
another
> user in the exchange.misc group that has left a similar plea.
>=20
> My question is:
>=20
> I am using Exchange version 4.0  that came off of my Windows 95 CD, =
and
> whenever I click on a message to read it, I get this error message,
> "Process Outlook/.EXE File: extprsht.cpp line 212 , thread id
> -272331.-432475 FALSE. On this same screen, are the OK and CANCEL =
buttons.
> When I click on OK the message is loaded. This problem was happening =
BEFORE

--
[...]

Post by Greg Aske » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Greg with all due respect, you and I both know that the fix
>to my problem was/is not due to carraiage returns at the end
>of a line. Since I'm FORCED to use Exchange, the program like
>most other email programs should do this for you automatically.
>Your response to me was an unfortunate use of bandwidth.
>Your reponse to me was totally uncalled for, but I'll give you
>the benefit of the doubt, since one has difficulty ascertaining
>the tone of one's message while reading it. Suffice it to say,
>your response to me added nothing to resolution of my problem.
>My mother always said, "if you don't have anything nice to say,
>then don't say it."

You missed my point.

I didn't mean pressing enter was the resolution to your problem.  I mean
if you want help, it is in your best interest to do everything you can
to provide the information necessary for others to help you.

If someone reading your post sees a single line in a message that
isn't formatted properly, they're more likely to just move on to the

I also find it absurd you have a Covey quote in your sig, considering
your attitude.  Life is what you make it.  If you interpret someone's
constructive suggestion as "uncalled for", that's your outlook on life.

"This is my THIRD try for an answer. I am NOT the type to leave
beligerant messages, because I believe that adds nothing to the
conversation."

Really.  Then why are you making it?

" I have been patient for over a week trying to get an answer officially
from Microsoft or an expert online, BUT NOONE has stepped up to the
plate. If this is NOT the place to get an answer for the question below,
could SOMEONE point me to a web site or phone number where I may
get some assistance."

Microsoft clearly states:

"Microsoft's Role: Microsoft does not offer any formal support in the
public newsgroups. "

Also, on _any_ MS Support Web Page, clicking the "See the Directory of
Support Options"  button gets you to a listing of phone numbers for
support, both complimentary and priority.  I suggest you use those
in the future as I personally think your chance of getting help here
is remote in the extreme.

All this and the problem wasn't even Exchange - it was due to a
third-party add-on you installed.

3rd PLEA for Microsoft or MVP Help

Post by Greg Aske » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

In the future, if you  press the "Enter" key before reaching
the end of the line,  other people reading your message may
find it more readable, and thus be able to help you.
--
Greg Askew
Business Information Technologies, Inc.

> [...]

> > user in the exchange.misc group that has left a similar plea.

> > My question is:

> > I am using Exchange version 4.0  that came off of my Windows 95 CD, and
> > whenever I click on a message to read it, I get this error message,
> > "Process Outlook/.EXE File: extprsht.cpp line 212 , thread id
> > -272331.-432475 FALSE. On this same screen, are the OK and CANCEL buttons.
> > When I click on OK the message is loaded. This problem was happening BEFORE
> > I loaded Office 97. What components from the Windows 95 CD can I reinstall
> > to get Exchange back to its orginal state? Or is this NOT an option since
> > I've installed Office 97?
> > --

> >  PGP ID 0x72615C0D

> >  There's No Elevator To Success. You Have To Take The Stairs
> >  "You Can't Fake the Harvest", Stephen Covey

1. Microsoft reply to No MVP's

Hello Brian,

It has come to our attention that there is a common belief that the
decision to end the MVP program was financially motivated. This was
not
Microsoft's intent. There was no plan to move the newsgroup support
towards pay per incident support. The motivation for the decision to
end
the MVP program was based on customer requests for additional
microsoft
presence in the newsgroups.  Our plan is to move towards more MS
participation in the newsgroups.  At this point we have reinstated the

program and changes to the program will be communicated at a later
date.Microsoft values the MVP's contributions to the technical support

newsgroups. Microsoft's decision made last week to discontinue MVP's
involvement in the technical newsgroups has been met with overwhelming

customer response.

Microsoft's original decision to phase out MVP's participation was
based
on customer requests for more direct Microsoft involvement. The recent

feedback regarding Microsoft's decision is in strong support of MVP's
continued contributions. The majority of our customers using the
technical support newsgroups have expressed great appreciation for the

MVP program and the quality of support MVP's have provided. Based on
this feedback, we are reinstating the MVP program effective
immediately.

To help organize MVP involvement and to improve the MVP program in a
way
that better meets our customer needs we will organize an MVP advisory
council that will gather your feedback to help us shape the future of
our newsgroups.

Microsoft's objectives have always been to provide the best technical
support in the industry. MVP's role in the newsgroups today makes a
significant contribution towards our customers' satisfaction. We
sincerely appreciate their efforts.

If you have any further suggestions about improvements to the MVP
Program or Newsgroups in general,  please let us know by replying to
this message.

Thank you,

Jamie
Microsoft Customer Service Representative

2. Duplicate email

3. MVP is a job from Microsoft ?

4. c1037ae6 with ForestPrep

5. Microsoft MVPs are Liars and Thieves

6. WFWG Mail and Exchange

7. Major X400 connectivity problem, pleas help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Text Messages to Mobile Device

9. Message Filtering Doesn't work Pleas Help!

10. Post SP 3 fixes for Exchnage 5.5--pleas help

11. ERROR AUTHENTICATING,..........PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

12. Pleas help

13. MVPs please help - Forwarding emails to a server by email addresses