w2k sp4 on exchange server

Post by <thom_.. » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:40:44

I would try a test enviornment first or at least another
DC first. Just make sure you back up the server(including
system state and entire exchange exchange directories
while off-line) before you start. It should be ok but
always better safe than sorry. I would also apply
Exchange SP just as a safty measure to refresh
binary\registry files.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am running excahnge 5.5 (sp4) on windows 2000 machine
>with sp3. I want to upgrade W2K to Sp4. is there any
issue
>on exchange after applying sp4. what is the best
practice
>to install sp4 on exchange server. Do we have to stop
the
>exchange services before applying W2K sp4 and do we have
>to apply EXchange SP4 after applying W2K sp4.
> need guidance.
>.

1. Upgrading Exchange 2000 Server OS from W2K Server to W2K Advanced Server

Has anyone successfully upgraded an Exchange 2000 Server with Windows 2000
Server OS to W2K Advanced Server OS?

I am concerned about virtual memory utilization as we have 2 GB physical
memory in the systems and heavy utilization.

There is a Q266096 article referring to the /3GB switch but ONLY for W2K
Advanced Server or above.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

2. Default values in property definition files

3. misspelled email address still deliver to the postmaster?

4. Exchange 5.5 SP4 installation on W2K server problem

5. Exchange dialup settings

6. Exchange 5.5 sp4 and OWA w/ W2k member servers

7. Customer recipient auto forward problem

8. Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K Access Denied Problem

9. Exchange 5.5 SP4 on W2K

10. exchange 5.5 and w2k sp4

11. SP4 Update Exchange 5.5 on W2K Error

12. Ex2000 and W2K server with W2K SP2