BETA: E2K3 Front end with E2K Backend Server

BETA: E2K3 Front end with E2K Backend Server

Post by Phil » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 04:34:38

I have an Exchange 2003 Beta 2 server running on Windows 2003 Enterprise
RTM, configured as a front end server.  My backend server is an Exchange
2000 (sp3) server running on windows 2000 server.
When I attempt to connect to the back-end server via the e2k3 front end
server I get http/1.1 401 Unauthorized errors.  However I can connect
successfully using a w2k/e2k FE server.
Is there any special configuration needed to connect an Exchange 2003 front
end server to an Exchange 2000 back end server?

1. E2k3 Front End for E2k Backend

As stated in the Exchange 2k3 documentation, you should upgrade all of your
front-end server(s) before you upgrade your E2k back-end servers.

Does anyone see an issue the the duration of time between the two upgrades?
Specifically, what if weeks or months are between?  I assume that once you
run forest prep and domain prep for 2k3, the time between is irrelevant and
one could go as long as they wish.  Any comments?

Eric

2. Exchange 5.5 with Windows Server 2003

3. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

4. Exchange v5 and NT 4 clients

5. Front end / Backend servers

6. Global Address List export using command line

7. 2 backend server and 1 front end

8. Message Journaling

9. Front end and Backend Server

10. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

11. OWA Front End BAckend Server specs for 500Users

12. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

13. No Front-End Server Checkbox for Font/Backend Configuration