Remote Setup wfw / win95 postoffice

Post by Alastair Clark » Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I wonder if the MS software is MS-MAIL which runs under DOS. You would also
require another small PC to act as the gateway between MS-Mail and
Exchange. Our company looked ito this and ended up deciding that it was
cheaper to get two modems and use a dial up link into the exchange server.

Our remote sites are round the world and for 4-5 sites it is just not
practical to have a separate exchange server.

Quote:> I read someplace, when considering
> the purchase of the exchange server that to do this - I would have to
'set
> up a 486 or better DOS pc' at the remote location with a specific MS
> software type.  I assumed that the MS software that I need would be easy
> find, but it's not! Can someone please help us.

1. remote connection to wfw or win95 postoffices

We have a win95/wfw style post office setup at a remote location, 4 users.
We can not afford to add a new NT server / exchange server in that location
but want to have our new exchange server call the location and exchange the
mail with all mail boxes at that site. I read someplace, when considering
the purchase of this server that to do this I would have to 'set up a 486
or better DOS pc' at the remote location. I assumed that the software that
I would need would be easy to find, but it's not!

2. How can I install Forms Designer

3. WFW 3.11 and Win95 Windows Messaging

4. Cry for help...

5. Can Exchange connect to Win95 Workgroup Postoffice??

6. Bursts of Excessive Paging on Exch5.5, SP2

7. Win95 Exchange PostOffice Problem

8. Moving Win95 WGPO to Exchange

9. Win95 Exchange Postoffice Problem

10. Win95 Exchange PostOffice Problem

11. Need help getting Exch Remote working with WFW 3.11