Exchange and LARGE distribution lists

Post by Chris Houlde » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone have any experience handling large distribution lists with
Exhange (200,000+ members)?  If so, I'm curious as to the ways you have
worked around the recommended 3,000 - 5,000 members of a distribution
list.  Thanks.

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Does anyone have any experience handling large distribution lists with
>Exhange (200,000+ members)?  If so, I'm curious as to the ways you have
>worked around the recommended 3,000 - 5,000 members of a distribution
>list.  Thanks.

By creating several smaller DL's and then including those DL's in
another DL composed only of the smaller DL's.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Exchange and LARGE distribution lists

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone have any experience handling large distribution lists with
>Exhange (200,000+ members)?  If so, I'm curious as to the ways you have
>worked around the recommended 3,000 - 5,000 members of a distribution
>list.  Thanks.

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer +I

Exchange and LARGE distribution lists

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone have any experience handling large distribution lists with
>Exhange (200,000+ members)?  If so, I'm curious as to the ways you have
>worked around the recommended 3,000 - 5,000 members of a distribution
>list.  Thanks.

You need to develop a strategy of nested distribution lists that will
fit your goals and your organization.  This could be as simple as
alphabetic distribution lists at each site with the a global list that
contains the site lists.  We use a scheme based on the site,
department and division for are all inclusive distribution lists.

Example:
Global list
   Site 1 list
     "A" users