Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

Post by James Radk » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:11:12

Hello,

I have installed Outlook Web Access and Exchange 2003 Beta 2.  Everything is
working fine, with the exception that I cannot get the web based outlook web
access username / password screen to show up?  Instead I always get the
network username password dialog box...

How can I change it to allow me to use the web page?  Also, I will not be
using SSL, since this is for an intranet......

Thanks for any help!

Jim

Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

Post by Rick C » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:32:53

I would like to know how to get that to work also...

Thanks in advance

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello,

>I have installed Outlook Web Access and Exchange 2003

Beta 2.  Everything is
Quote:>working fine, with the exception that I cannot get the

web based outlook web
Quote:>access username / password screen to show up?  Instead I
always get the
>network username password dialog box...

>How can I change it to allow me to use the web page?
Also, I will not be
>using SSL, since this is for an intranet......

>Thanks for any help!

>Jim

>.

Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

Post by Andy David [MVP » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:19:45

Are you using http://localhost/exchange?

Quote:> Hello,

> I have installed Outlook Web Access and Exchange 2003 Beta 2.  Everything
is
> working fine, with the exception that I cannot get the web based outlook
web
> access username / password screen to show up?  Instead I always get the
> network username password dialog box...

> How can I change it to allow me to use the web page?  Also, I will not be
> using SSL, since this is for an intranet......

> Thanks for any help!

> Jim

Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

Post by James Radk » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:58:07

Yes I am using http://servername/exchange......

Jim

> Are you using http://localhost/exchange?

> > Hello,

> > I have installed Outlook Web Access and Exchange 2003 Beta 2.
Everything
> is
> > working fine, with the exception that I cannot get the web based outlook
> web
> > access username / password screen to show up?  Instead I always get the
> > network username password dialog box...

> > How can I change it to allow me to use the web page?  Also, I will not
be
> > using SSL, since this is for an intranet......

> > Thanks for any help!

> > Jim

Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

Post by Dan weed » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 05:45:43

as am i
and i had it working once
now it will no longer take the logon and password for it
and i made no changes that i can rememeber and i'm the
only admin on the system

message

>> Are you using http://localhost/exchange?

>> > Hello,

>> > I have installed Outlook Web Access and Exchange 2003
Beta 2.
>Everything
>> is
>> > working fine, with the exception that I cannot get

the web based outlook
Quote:>> web
>> > access username / password screen to show up?

Instead I always get the

Quote:>> > network username password dialog box...

>> > How can I change it to allow me to use the web page?
Also, I will not
>be
>> > using SSL, since this is for an intranet......

>> > Thanks for any help!

>> > Jim

>.

Exchange 2003 Beta 2 Outlook Web Access - How to show the web page based logon screen

Post by dan weed » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:35:14

ok so i sloved that problem
i had the termial server installed
i removed that. and it was fixed

Post by David Lemson [MS » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:38:47

I didn't see anyone answer the question, so I will.  In Exchange System
Manager, navigate to Protocols -> HTTP -> Exchange Virtual Server.
Right-click on Exchange Virtual Server, select Properties, and then check
the box labeled "Enable Forms Based Authentication for Outlook Web Access".

David

> ok so i sloved that problem
> i had the termial server installed
> i removed that. and it was fixed

1. Outlook Web Access 2003 Forms Based Authentication

Hello,

I have some problems to enable Froms Based Authentication for Outlook
Web Access 2003. In Exchange System Manager I have enabled "Forms
Based Authentication" on the Exchange Virtual Server.
I restarted both IIS 6 and the Exchange Virtual Server.
When I try to acccess https:\\servername\exchange Internet Explorer
returns with; "Page not available"

Is there something else that I need to do to enable this?

PS! Please be informed that my Exchange 2003 server runs on an single
    server. On the same server I have the domain controller for my AD
and the IIS 6.0 hosting OWA 2003.

Your help is much apperciated.

Best Regards
Anders Horgen

2. ...Not your *typical* scenario...

3. How to enable Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003 (RC1)

4. User Properties in Global Address List

5. Web Page setup for Outlook Web Access

6. URGENT HELP NEEDED: How to delete replicated public folder

7. BETA Unable to logon on Exchange 2003 with Outlook XP

8. How to list mailbox quota for all the mailboxes on an Exchange server?

9. BETA: E2K3 on 2003 Web edition

10. Exchange web access tool other than Outlook Web access

11. Active Server Page Error Event 9 in Event Log --when trying to access Outlook web access

12. can not access the outlook web access page

13. Exchange 2000 Outlook Web Access and .net Standard Server Beta 3 Build 3604