Can Send Mail with IMC but cannot receive mail

Can Send Mail with IMC but cannot receive mail

Post by Jeff S. Connel » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I have setup a new Exchange server SP3 on WinNT 4 SP2.  I can send mail
fine but cannot receive mail.  Mail that is sent to the Exchange site does
not bounce with unknown recipient it just disappears.  I have a MX record
pointing to the Exchange server and a A record pointing hostname to the IP
address of the Exchange server.  I can't locate any problems.  Any
suggestions?  Thanks.

Can Send Mail with IMC but cannot receive mail

Post by Identity Withhel » Thu, 02 Jan 1997 04:00:00

In properties for the IMC, enable the Protocol log under diagnostics
logging. This will create \exchsrvr\imcdata\log\L*.log. This is a full copy
of the SMTP dialog. Start checking here for anamolies.
--
Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227,
any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is

Quote:> I have setup a new Exchange server SP3 on WinNT 4 SP2.  I can send mail
> fine but cannot receive mail.  Mail that is sent to the Exchange site
does
> not bounce with unknown recipient it just disappears.  I have a MX record
> pointing to the Exchange server and a A record pointing hostname to the
IP
> address of the Exchange server.  I can't locate any problems.  Any
> suggestions?  Thanks.

1. Can send Internet E-mail through IMC, but cannot receive Internet E-mail

All users trying to e-mail our site get an error message: