Org Name Change..

Post by Anet » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:07:44

Hello all,
I heard a rumor that there is a tool/wizard out there that changes an
Organization Name on Exchange Server 5.5 without requiring a reinstallation
of the server software.  Is this true?  Has anyone heard of such a thing?
If so, please reply.
Thanks,
Anet

Org Name Change..

Post by Amiri Jone » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 07:08:32

Quote:> Hello all,
> I heard a rumor that there is a tool/wizard out there that changes an
> Organization Name on Exchange Server 5.5 without requiring a
reinstallation
> of the server software.  Is this true?  Has anyone heard of such a thing?

    You may be thinking of the Move Server Wizard.  This is from Microsoft,
and does just what you mention.  I've never used it, so I can't comment on
how well it works.  It requires Exchange SP3 or higher.  Get it from
http://www.microsoft.com/Exchange/downloads/MoveServer.htm.

1. Impact of site/org name change?

Does anyone know of any negative consequences of changing the Exchange 5.5
organization / site display names? I have "_" and "." characters I need to
remove before adding an Exchange 2000 server to the site.
(this is in a production environment)

Thanks!

2. restricting internet email

3. site/org name change

4. Setup Exchange client as a services in MS-SQL

5. Site and Org name changes

6. Error 550 Access denied -help

7. Org Name Change

8. Event ID 5012: Failed to generate offline Address Book

9. Site and Org name change

10. ORG Name changing

11. Site connectors when Organisation name is different/changing org name

12. How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

13. Changing Org Name