Help Joining an existing site!

Post by Gregor » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have had a single EX5 w/NT4SP3 server(PDC) doing fine for some time.  I
added #2 server(BDC) which joined the existing site OK.  Now I want to add
#3 server(BDC) and retire #1, and promote #3 to #1 position.  (#3 will
become the PDC and 1st EX5 server.)

--When I try to join the existing site, I get an error message:

"To add a new server to an existing Microsoft Exchange Site, the account you
are logged on as must have Admin permissions on the site and configuration
objects.

c1032bc0"

I am already logged on as administrator; I have already added #2 server and
joined the site successfully using the very same logon and there are no
other admin logins; just myself.  Very confusing.

Any suggestions appreciated and any other advice about replacing a PDC & EX5
with a new server is welcome.

Gregory Cannon

Help Joining an existing site!

Post by David Ha » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have had a single EX5 w/NT4SP3 server(PDC) doing fine for some time.  I
>added #2 server(BDC) which joined the existing site OK.  Now I want to add
>#3 server(BDC) and retire #1, and promote #3 to #1 position.  (#3 will
>become the PDC and 1st EX5 server.)

>--When I try to join the existing site, I get an error message:

>"To add a new server to an existing Microsoft Exchange Site, the account you
>are logged on as must have Admin permissions on the site and configuration
>objects.

>c1032bc0"

>I am already logged on as administrator; I have already added #2 server and
>joined the site successfully using the very same logon and there are no
>other admin logins; just myself.  Very confusing.

This is in reference to Exchange itself.  Run the Exchange Administrator
program and check the permissions on the Site, Configuration, and Server
level.  Make sure that the Administrator account has Permissions Admin on each
level.

David