How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address list

How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address list

Post by Robert Carlse » Sun, 20 May 2001 04:42:53

My company has just had a merger and in the short term we have decided to
intgrate the 2 companies global address books before the WAN is up and running.
My company is running Exchange Server 2000 and the parent company is running
Exchange Server 5.5.  I have sent the IT department at the parent company our
contacts and they have sent us theirs.  The problem I am having is because of the
integration of Active Directory and Exchange 2000, I cannot seem to figure out
how to add the parent companies employee's SMTP addresses to our Global Address
book.  I have went into System manager and looked around under the Default Global
Address list, but I cannot find out where to add entries, rather how to find
current mailbox-enabled users in our Active Directory list.  So if anyone has the
answer to this problem it would be of great help if I could recieve this
information.
.

How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address list

Post by Sanjeev Sharm » Sun, 20 May 2001 05:42:16

Create those contacts in AD using AD Users and Computers.

Sanjeev

[...]

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sun, 20 May 2001 07:31:29

Creating Remote users is not as simple as it was with Exchange 5.5. You will
have to create Contacts to support this requirement.

A good practice is to create a separate Container or OU to place these
remote Contacts in. doing so will make them easily identifiable in the AD.

A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single
hope. -Epictetus, philosopher (c. 60-120)

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP
FAQ at  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm