???

Post by Mike » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 10:03:35

After setting up Exchange 2000, I attempt to open Outlook
on a workstation.  I receive a message saying "Unable to
open you default email folders.  The attempt to log on to
the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed."  Any
help is appreciated.  Thanks.

???

Post by AI » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 19:33:27

Hello,

This may occur after you upgraded from Release Candidate 2 (RC2) to the
Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version. Specifically, you did not re-run
forestprep with the RTM version of Exchange 2000 Setup. As a result, the
msExchUSRAccountControl attribute was not added to the schema. This is a
required attribute that was added post-RC2.

After you run /forestprep, which forces replication to the child domain, run
/domainprep in the child domain, and rebuild the Recipient Update Service
objects. Then you can log on to your mailboxes.

For additional information about how to properly upgrade from Exchange 2000
Server RC2 to RTM, click the article number below to view the article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:
XADM: How to Upgrade from Exchange 2000 RC2 to RTM  at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q272/0/82.ASP

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications

More Tips at:  http://www.intermedia.net/support/kb/
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> After setting up Exchange 2000, I attempt to open Outlook