Exchange services won't start

Post by sam » Fri, 31 May 2002 23:05:51

Finally got Exchange installed by adjusting DNS settings
but now the services associated with exchange won't start
I tried doing it manually with no luck. Any ideas?

Exchange services won't start

Post by Jay Crum » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 04:37:36

More info.  Event logs?

Quote:> Finally got Exchange installed by adjusting DNS settings
> but now the services associated with exchange won't start
> I tried doing it manually with no luck. Any ideas?

Exchange services won't start

Post by Jim » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:52:18

I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever get this
resolved?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Finally got Exchange installed by adjusting DNS settings
>but now the services associated with exchange won't start
>I tried doing it manually with no luck. Any ideas?
>.

Exchange services won't start

Post by Nino Bilic [MS » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:06:11

I'd run DCDIAG and NETDIAG tools from Windows 2000 support tools to check if
there are problems with DNS/network or Active Directory.

--
Nino Bilic
Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

Quote:> I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever get this
> resolved?

1. HELP....Can't start exchange service won't start with error

One I rebooted the server and I saw a message that a service failed to
start.
I checked and the information store wouldn't start.
I tried starting in manually and I got an error 4294966277.
I did some research and found to run a utility on the database....eseutil /g
/ispub and ispriv.
I did that and found both files to be corrupt or something.
I tried restoring the 2 files from 4 months ago and still can't run the
utilities or start the exchange service.
Any Suggestions

2. Undisclosed Recipients

3. Exchange services won't start after loading Win2000 SP4

4. Help restoring logs to blank message store

5. Exchange Services Won't Start...HELP!

6. Service Pack Order?

7. Exchange service won't start

8. SPAM and Filtering Software

9. Exchange Services won't start