No Transport Provider when receive email via Exchange Client and reply via Internet Mail Client

No Transport Provider when receive email via Exchange Client and reply via Internet Mail Client

Post by KL Wo » Tue, 22 May 2001 19:52:11

We are using MS Exchange 5.5, for laptop users, they got 2 outlook
profile. In the office, we set them up using MS Exchange Client with
message delivery to personal folder. When they access remotely
(dialup), we set them up using Internet mail pointing to the same
personal folder.

The problem we encountered is:

When somebody within the office send message to laptop user, and the
laptop users read those message in the office (i.e. via Exchange
client), when they try to reply to this receieved message during
remote dialup, they got an error message saying 'No Transport Provider
for this receipent......'. If they reply the message by re-typing the
complete email address, it will send.

It seems to me the Exchange Client and Internet Mail client treat the
reply-to address differently. Exchange keep the 'user name' as reply
to and Internet mail keep the 'email address' as reply to. Are there
anyway to force Exchange 5.5 to keep the complete email address as
'reply to' especially when the 'deliver to' destination is a personal
folder that probably might used by Internet Mail client ??

Any help most appreciated. B.Rgds/KL

1. sending email via MS DOS application via MS Exchange

Hi...

I am still working in a business system that runs out of an MS-DOS environment
(It's written in something called OpenBasic).  We are currently using MS Exchange
5.5 as our email server.

I have some users that are interested in sending emails (either internally or
externally) based on certain activities/functions performed within our business
system.

Is this a possibility? If so, what would be the easiest way? Is there any type of
MS-DOS command that could be used to create/send a simple email -
recipient/subject/body?

Thanks,

Tammy McNab
Phoenix Products Co.

2. Newbie: Change from Dialup SMTP to standalone

3. EMailing new NNTP posts via SMTP, via Exchange

4. Install Outlook on Exchange server?

5. Receiving Duplicate email via Exchange Server

6. ? limit to # of client rules Exchange server 5.0 can store?

7. Can Exchange **RECEIVE** email via POP

8. Automaticully udpdate e-mail addresses based on recipient policy

9. Can send email via reply but not as an original

10. Can't reply via scecfied email address

11. Inter organization directory replication via x.400

12. Digital Signatures in Exchange 2000 Messages (via Transport Sinks)