ESEUTIL

Post by Bob Heap » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I recently upgraded my Exchange Server from Ver 5.0 to 5.5 SP2, but having
looked in the bin directory I cannot see the ESEUTIL.exe that comes with Ver
5.5, only the old EBDUTIL.exe is there.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in Advance
Bob

ESEUTIL

Post by Hunter Colema » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Should be in the System32 directory

Hunter

Quote:> I recently upgraded my Exchange Server from Ver 5.0 to 5.5 SP2, but having
> looked in the bin directory I cannot see the ESEUTIL.exe that comes with
Ver
> 5.5, only the old EBDUTIL.exe is there.

> Any ideas ?

> Thanks in Advance
> Bob

ESEUTIL

Post by <carte.. » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

hi bob,
try find it in winnt\system32

Quote:> I recently upgraded my Exchange Server from Ver 5.0 to 5.5 SP2, but having
> looked in the bin directory I cannot see the ESEUTIL.exe that comes with
Ver
> 5.5, only the old EBDUTIL.exe is there.

> Any ideas ?

> Thanks in Advance
> Bob

ESEUTIL

Post by Brian K » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

It was moved to \\winnt\system32, but I heard that Exchange 2000, it will be
moved back to \exchsrvr\bin folder again.

Quote:> I recently upgraded my Exchange Server from Ver 5.0 to 5.5 SP2, but having
> looked in the bin directory I cannot see the ESEUTIL.exe that comes with
Ver
> 5.5, only the old EBDUTIL.exe is there.

> Any ideas ?

> Thanks in Advance
> Bob

ESEUTIL

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>It was moved to \\winnt\system32, but I heard that Exchange 2000, it will be
>moved back to \exchsrvr\bin folder again.

Well, that's where it is in the Beta release. But who knows where
it'll be in the released version. I'd be just as happy to NOT have it,
and a bunch of other debris, placed into the system32 directory.
Lately it seems every app thinks it should be able to write (or
overwrite) to anyplace it thinks of as "home".

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

ESEUTIL

Post by Stuart Fo » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> >It was moved to \\winnt\system32, but I heard that Exchange 2000, it will
be
> >moved back to \exchsrvr\bin folder again.

> Well, that's where it is in the Beta release. But who knows where
> it'll be in the released version. I'd be just as happy to NOT have it,
> and a bunch of other debris, placed into the system32 directory.
> Lately it seems every app thinks it should be able to write (or
> overwrite) to anyplace it thinks of as "home".

It seems likely that they will leave it in exchsrvr\bin, given that the tool
to maintain the active directory database is different from the tool to
maintain the exchange database - since they were the same tool before.  Of
course, who knows?

Stu
MVP Exchange

1. To eseutil or not to eseutil?

All,

What is the "rule of thumb" on when to run the eseutil?  Do I look for
something in the event log?  Do I wait until the server die?(Knocking on
wood)  What do you all think?  I have read MS KB's,but I was wondering
what you guys/gals think?

Thanks, Gene

2. How to Autogenerate a Reply in 5.5

3. After "eseutil /p" information store is growing...readched 16G...eseutil /d /t does not succeed

4. Incorrect Appt Times

5. help!how to use eseutil.exe?

6. Mimic Lotus Notes Yearly view?

7. Help!!!! Can't Send attachments after ESEUtil

8. POP3 Account

9. experiences with ESEUTIL.EXE

10. eseutil /d /ispub

11. URGENT MESSAGE - ESEUTIL /D

12. ESEUTIL with Exch 5.5 --Defrag priv.edb and placing temp file elsewhere

13. Using ESEUTIL.exe