Removing Last Exchange 5.5 problems

Removing Last Exchange 5.5 problems

Post by Vivienn » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:20:43



Hi

I have moved all mailboxes, system folders and public
folders over to the Exchange 2000 Server.  I have gone
through the KB284148 and removed the 5.5 server through
the Exchange 5.5 Administrator.  I then went to ADC and
clicked replicate now.  It has been 24hours and the
Exchange 5.5 server still appears in System Manager.  
Which means the change has not replicated.  How else can
the 5.5 server be removed from the site?

Regards
Viv

 
 
 

Removing Last Exchange 5.5 problems

Post by Vivienn » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:28:12


The Exchange 5.5 server still appears in AD Sites and
Services, can I manually delete it from there and what, if
any, are the problems if I do delete it from there?

Thanks
Viv

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi

>I have moved all mailboxes, system folders and public
>folders over to the Exchange 2000 Server.  I have gone
>through the KB284148 and removed the 5.5 server through
>the Exchange 5.5 Administrator.  I then went to ADC and
>clicked replicate now.  It has been 24hours and the
>Exchange 5.5 server still appears in System Manager.  
>Which means the change has not replicated.  How else can
>the 5.5 server be removed from the site?

>Regards
>Viv
>.


 
 
 

Removing Last Exchange 5.5 problems

Post by Leif Pederse » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:19:26


Hi,

You can follow this article to get rid of the server if you are sure that
everything has been moved away from the ex5.5 server.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278918

Leif

 
 
 

Removing Last Exchange 5.5 problems

Post by Vivienn » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:41:42


Thanks!

I will try it.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>You can follow this article to get rid of the server if
you are sure that
>everything has been moved away from the ex5.5 server.

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;278918

>Leif

>.

 
 
 

Removing Last Exchange 5.5 problems

Post by vivienn » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:03:11


Thanks for the link.

That worked.

Regards
Viv

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>You can follow this article to get rid of the server if
you are sure that
>everything has been moved away from the ex5.5 server.

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
us;278918

>Leif

>.

 
 
 

1. Removing last 5.5 server - problems

I have successfully migrated all users and public folders from an Exchange
5.5 server, and now I want to remove this last 5.5 server from the Exchange
2000 organization.

My problem is that I had already deleted the connection agreements and
un-installed the Active Directory Connector from the first Exchange 2000
server in the organization, and then deleted the active directory connector
under the Exchange Settings folder under my DC in AD Sites and Services,
then un-installed the ADC from the DC.

I found the KB article Q272314: Preparing a Mixed Mode Organization for
Conversion to Native Mode, and in it it says to connect to the Exchange 2000
server running SRS with the Exchange 5.5 Administrator program, and delete
the last Exchange 5.5 server.  Then, the deletion should replicate to Active
Directory.

Since I had already removed the ADC, I followed the instructions in KB
article Q266147: How to Re-create a Configuration Connection Agreement and
successfully re-created the Configuration Connection Agreement.  I did not
think it would be necessary to re-create the mailbox and public store
connection agreements.

However, I can't connect to the Exchange 2000 server running the SRS from
Exchange Administrator 5.5.  I get the error:

Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer.  Contact your system administrator if this condition persists.
MAPI was unable to load the information service emsabp.dll.  Be sure the
service is correctly installed and configured.

Microsoft Exchange Address Book
ID no: 00040380-0000-00000000

At this point, I have no problem with upgrading the final 5.5 server to
Exchange 2000 and then removing it, if it will work.  I just want to make
sure that all traces of this last server are correctly removed from Active
Directory so that I may successfully move to native mode.

Thanks,
Tom

2. agents, reboot, lost mail

3. Remove Last Exchange 5.5 from Exchange 2000 administrative group

4. Performance Optimiser

5. removing last Exchange 5.5 server from Exchange 2000 site

6. Duplicates in the Address Book Listings

7. Remove the last Exchange 5.5 server

8. Anonymous LDAP

9. Removing last exchange 5.5 server from AD - even though server uninstalled

10. Removing the Last Exchange 5.5 server.

11. Removing last Exchange 5.5 server

12. Removing Last Exchange 5.5 Server