Linking Exchange 2k on one domain to exchange 5.5 on a different domain

Linking Exchange 2k on one domain to exchange 5.5 on a different domain

Post by Dark Phantasm » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 13:09:33

I am trying to link two exchange servers, on different windows domains (but
using the same "email domain") ... My "primary" exchange server is running
Exchange 5.5 on an NT4 domain (on one side of our wan), and I need to link
Exchange 2000 running on a Windows 2000 domain (on the other side of our
wan).

1. link exchange 5.5 NT4 domain to exchange 2000 win2K domain

Our company abc.com based in Ohio bought out a competitor xyz.com based in
Georgia.  We run a Windows 2000 active directory environment with one
Exchange 2000 server.  The other company has an NT4 domain with one Exchange
5.5 server.  We are in the process of establishing a private frame
connection between the two sites to allow data swapping, etc.

Our ultimate goal is to have one Win2K domain and one Exchange 2000 server.
Presently, we just want to have a single or sync'd GAL, access to each
other's free/busy info, and a few dozen users with both domain addresses
(abc.com and xyz.com) for e-mail in their own mailboxes.

Is there a way to establish this kind of connectivity without having to
upgrade the NT4 domain to Win2K?

Thanks,

Tony

2. Best AntiVirus Solution for Exchange 5.5 ???

3. Easiest way to migrate 5.5 from One NT4 domain to a different Win2k domain

4. Beta download woes

5. Exchangecode's Autoaccept...

6. Migrate from NT4 domain to 2k domain and Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

7. Hello Fellow Earthlings-Event 9097

8. Exchange Migration from 5.5 to 2k Using a different Domain name

9. Can I upgrade one NT domain with other linked NT domains

10. Exchange 5.5, NT 4 domain and Windows 2K domain

11. Two Exchange servers from different NT Domains setup in one Exchange site