news feed - exchange adds 'system headers', messages rejected

news feed - exchange adds 'system headers', messages rejected

Post by Michael Enti » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi, All!

I setup a news feed. It is reading news fine, but when trying to
send a message (using Outlook Expres), I am getting event 13055:

*  has been rejected by host pssnews.msn.com..  Server response:
*  441 (662) Article Rejected -- The 'NNTP-Posting-Host:' header is
*  a system header - client posts should not have it.

Obviously, Exchange thinks it is a full server in NNTP hierarhy,
not just a client, and adds a header.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Mike.
P.S. I can send news directly using Outlook Express (bypassing
my Exchange Server), and they are send fine, so this is not firewall
or ISP problem.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I setup a news feed. It is reading news fine, but when trying to
>send a message (using Outlook Expres), I am getting event 13055:

>*  has been rejected by host pssnews.msn.com..  Server response:
>*  441 (662) Article Rejected -- The 'NNTP-Posting-Host:' header is
>*  a system header - client posts should not have it.

>Obviously, Exchange thinks it is a full server in NNTP hierarhy,
>not just a client, and adds a header.

But it IS a full server!

Quote:>Is there a way to solve this problem?

>Mike.
>P.S. I can send news directly using Outlook Express (bypassing
>my Exchange Server), and they are send fine, so this is not firewall
>or ISP problem.

Connect the client directly to the other news server, not to the
Exchange server.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Post by Michael Enti » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> >I setup a news feed. It is reading news fine, but when trying to
> >send a message (using Outlook Expres), I am getting event 13055:

> >*  has been rejected by host pssnews.msn.com..  Server response:
> >*  441 (662) Article Rejected -- The 'NNTP-Posting-Host:' header is
> >*  a system header - client posts should not have it.

> >Obviously, Exchange thinks it is a full server in NNTP hierarhy,
> >not just a client, and adds a header.

> But it IS a full server!

Yes, it works like a full NNTP server when I post messages using
Outlook Express, but when I post reply using Outlook 98
(to appropriate public folder), it acts like a simple _client_ in this
case
so message reaches the remote server,
( I am posting this message via Exchange, usign Outlook 98).

Quote:> Connect the client directly to the other news server, not to the
> Exchange server.

This is not good. I have slow Internet and don't want to wait
forever reading news. I want to read news and send them to
Exchange, and it should send it later (like SMTP).
Finally, this is why I setup Exchange as news server.

Mike.

news feed - exchange adds 'system headers', messages rejected

Post by Mr. Underscor » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am experiencing the same problem.  With our previous Exchange setup we
posted local news to our public folder and the server would then post in
turn to the msnews server WITHOUT receiving the Rejected error.  Why does
this no longer work...

> > >I setup a news feed. It is reading news fine, but when trying to
> > >send a message (using Outlook Expres), I am getting event 13055:

> > >*  has been rejected by host pssnews.msn.com..  Server response:
> > >*  441 (662) Article Rejected -- The 'NNTP-Posting-Host:' header is
> > >*  a system header - client posts should not have it.

> > >Obviously, Exchange thinks it is a full server in NNTP hierarhy,
> > >not just a client, and adds a header.

> > But it IS a full server!

> Yes, it works like a full NNTP server when I post messages using
> Outlook Express, but when I post reply using Outlook 98
> (to appropriate public folder), it acts like a simple _client_ in this
> case
> so message reaches the remote server,
> ( I am posting this message via Exchange, usign Outlook 98).

> > Connect the client directly to the other news server, not to the
> > Exchange server.

> This is not good. I have slow Internet and don't want to wait
> forever reading news. I want to read news and send them to
> Exchange, and it should send it later (like SMTP).
> Finally, this is why I setup Exchange as news server.

> Mike.

1. NNTP news feed: "Article Rejected" event

--

2. Mirror copy of an Exchange 5.5 Server

3. Newsgroup 'PUSH' feed question

4. mta problem

5. Programmaticaly adding property pages to Exchange System Manager's SMTP Virtual Server Property Sheet

6. GC Move Problem

7. Trying to add a news feed - errors

8. Recipient Policy

9. Rejecting messages based on sender's address or domain

10. Rejecting Email with attachments containing '.vbs'

11. Inbound news feed not coming in, Internet News Service

12. MS OWA 'Sent Items' column headers

13. 'Internet News'-tab